Sheldon Lake Too Grassy/Weedy?

Texas NP

Sheldon Lake Too Grassy/Weedy?

Post by Texas NP »

I have a Jackson Blue Sky Angler 360 which has a pedal drive (interchangeable with an E drive) w/10' prop. I've heard Sheldon Lake is productive, but is it too thick with grass/weeds for a bi-hull kayak with a 10" prop? They aren't meant for paddling except as a last resort. Thanks.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Sheldon Lake Too Grassy/Weedy?

Post by Neumie »

Texas NP wrote:I have a Jackson Blue Sky Angler 360 which has a pedal drive (interchangeable with an E drive) w/10' prop. I've heard Sheldon Lake is productive, but is it too thick with grass/weeds for a bi-hull kayak with a 10" prop? They aren't meant for paddling except as a last resort. Thanks.
No first had experience, but on Google Earth it looks like thick vegetation. Maybe call the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Urban Wildlife Field Office that's located onsite and ask their opinion?
arrowsmack324

Post by arrowsmack324 »

This time of year it would be way too weedy for most crafts. The early spring is the prime time there due to it actually being navigable after the winter die off of the vegetation. Its a great lake with lots of big bass just have to mind the gators and be careful of standing timber. There are places where I've gotten high centered with gators around due to a submerged tree. I'll post up this spring when I decide to make it out there.
Texas NP

Post by Texas NP »

Thanks for the input! :D