A quick evening paddle

imaoldmanyoungsalt

A quick evening paddle

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Loaded up the kayak this evening for the 1st time since last September to go fish the Brazos below PK tomorrow morning and since it was loaded, decided I would run over to Lake Bridgeport and have a short paddle to make sure everything was in working order. I got there with about an hour of daylight left and I was the only one at the park. Nice and peaceful. Just the way I like it. I did fish a little but no bites. That's ok I just enjoyed the cool evening solitude. Sometimes that's all I need.

A few pics
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: A quick evening paddle

Post by karstopo »

Pretty. It’s always a strange in a good way feeling to have so much water to yourself, it’s just unexpected. That Bridgeport is one of the places that’s supposed to have decent numbers of smallmouth bass.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

thanks for the great photos
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: A quick evening paddle

Not as many smallmouth as it used to have but still some. I normally catch about 6 to 8 a year while targeting largemouth during spring.
karstopo wrote:Pretty. It’s always a strange in a good way feeling to have so much water to yourself, it’s just unexpected. That Bridgeport is one of the places that’s supposed to have decent numbers of smallmouth bass.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

I was hoping to be posting a nice report from my trip to the Brazos but I didn't make it out there today. I had looked at the forecast Monday and it was showing high today of 68 with the front moving in tonight and cooling down. I looked at it before daylight this morning and it showed high of 58 at 10 am and going down from there with the front coming in early. I opted to take the safe course since I would be solo and not crazy about the cold air and cold water mix. I can take one or the other but not both. I decided to stay home and try again in a couple of weeks. Some call it "chicken" I say its wisdom and knowing I'm not as young as I once was. My reaction time has lost a step or 2 and my physical abilities are much less than what they once were. As much as I wanted to go I decided better to live and fish another day.........

Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Nice. I always enjoy it when I get out on the water and have it all to myself. And your right, it doesn't matter if we catch anything, just getting on the water is good for the soul!

I'm not a fan of the cold either. And you know it was just going to get colder and windier as the day progressed. Good call on staying home safe and sound. :)