somerville brich creek update 6/24

Wanna_Be_Yaker

somerville brich creek update 6/24

Post by Wanna_Be_Yaker »

little update. drove out to birch creek forest in hopes of catching some nice cats on the main lake. wind was a little rough and we where feeling a bit lazy so we went up birch creek. threw everything we had, targeted different water columns the works... finally shacked up on a log jam and tied on some live- half live bait buddy caught one undersized bass. both he and i did hook into multiple fish, but i only got the last fish up to the boat, appeared to be a bowfin bone mouths would explain the rough time setting hooks right? anybody esle getting almost skunked on somerville
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: somerville brich creek update 6/24

Post by kickingback »

Thanks for the update! Need to get out there soon!
GT411TX

Re: RE: somerville brich creek update 6/24

Post by GT411TX »

Wanna_Be_Yaker wrote:little update. drove out to birch creek forest in hopes of catching some nice cats on the main lake. wind was a little rough and we where feeling a bit lazy so we went up birch creek. threw everything we had, targeted different water columns the works... finally shacked up on a log jam and tied on some live- half live bait buddy caught one undersized bass. both he and i did hook into multiple fish, but i only got the last fish up to the boat, appeared to be a bowfin bone mouths would explain the rough time setting hooks right? anybody esle getting almost skunked on somerville
Skunked at Somerville yesterday. Threw everything else I had at that little island. Had two bites on a sauarebill but they shook the hook on the fight. Could have been gar. With all the boat wake, wind and chop it was a real miserable time. Only second time in a sit on top. Made it back to my home pond and nothing bit until 8:30 pm. I dropped in at Somerville at 6:30 a.m. long day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk