River boat

gonefishin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

River boat

Post by gonefishin »

My brother bought some property in Junction, near the Llano River. My Slayer Propel is definitely not going to a good yak for the river, so I find myself looking for a decent river Yak. I'm looking for lightweight and stable with comfortable seat.
I considered the Jackson Cruise 10, but just stumbled on the Vibe Yellow Fin and it ticks off almost all my boxes for wants and needs. Comfortable seat, dry storage at the front of the seat within easy reach for phone and camera etc... cup holder for my ice cold beverage :wink: , tackle storage beside the seat, paddle bungies, place for a scotty rod holder and built in flush rod holders. It pretty much has everything the Jackson Cruise Angler 10 has except the Cruise does not have a molded in cup holder. From the looks of the Hull and the hard chines the Yellow fin looks to be more stable than the Cruise.
Has anyone used a Yellow fin and can chime in with some thoughts and opinions on how it paddles. It's for a river witth current so tracking is not much of an issue.
gonefishin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: River boat

Post by gonefishin »

So, I guess no one has the Vibe Yellow Fin, so what about the Sea Ghost 110? Likes dislikes? Stability?
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

i think this is sad no one is even trying to answer your question .. there was a time when folks on here at least gave you some kind of answer.. my guess is Facebook did this to this site... sorry I can't help you I have an old prowler 13 i took on the Llano and did a lot of dragging ..I did spend a night in jail in Junction once
gonefishin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gonefishin »

Yep looks like a lot of members are on facebook and not the forum anymore. Your experience dragging your OK is another reason for me to go with a light weight 10 footer for the river. I sure don't want to even think about dragging my Slayer around, so I will probably get the Vibe Yellow Fin anyway. I did think about the Seaghost 110 too as it would fit my brother better if he wanted to join me either on the River or down at the Bay.
Thanks for responding
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

I looked at their site the VYF .. that's looks like a great lil river yak.. like the seat and deck .. if you get it post back how it did on the river.. I liked how they called it a throw and go...
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

i would suggest looking into a jackson cruise 12 or 10 if camping is not a priority. the cruise 12 is about the most under rated jack of all trades yak there is. the 12 is great for camping since it has a big front hatch and is just wide enough to be stable and long enough to track pretty well. the 10 will be lighter but has a small front hatch. they don't come with all the fishing bells and whistles, but are easy to customize!
WesTex1

Post by WesTex1 »

Need a fishing partner? Lol I love that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sleepyTX

Post by sleepyTX »

I have a vibe sea ghost 130 and it is an excellent kayak. It's a good company with solid boats. I used a big tuna on the Llano last fall and did a lot of dragging. Awesome river though enjoy