Just got a call from my mother

screwston420

Just got a call from my mother

Post by screwston420 »

Just got a call from my mom who is an officer up in Conroe saying they just pulled the body out of the lake of a kayaker screaming for help at 7 a.m. this morning near the Scott's Ridge Landing... be safe out there wear your PFD
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Just got a call from my mother

Post by kickingback »

Prayers sent.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Was that related to this news story?

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com/am ... -/3499834/

Prayers sent too :(

Wear those pfds guys, and carry a knife to cut yourself free if need be.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

yep thats it chubs, was an older man crappie fishing and got overturned with no PFD, 2nd drowning this week in lake conroe
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

This hits too close to home.
I have two PFD's. An inflatable for warmer months, and a regular for when it gets cold. I store gear and stuff in the life jackets as part of my arsenal.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Tombo wrote:This hits too close to home.
I have two PFD's. An inflatable for warmer months, and a regular for when it gets cold. I store gear and stuff in the life jackets as part of my arsenal.
That is exactly what I do. I've got a stolquist fishing life jacket with some nice pockets. I store leader line, my clippers, and rags, waterproof tape, and sun screen lip balm in those pockets.

Keeps me from being tempted not to wear it. I don't find it obtrusive either.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

My older brother is 59 and turtled his a few weeks ago in 30 ft of water. I'm glad he was wearing his. He said water was pretty rough and still a little cold and a long way from shore. He managed to catch up to the yak before it drifted away but it could of been a very different outcome had not been wearing it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

So sad. I was on Conroe around Seven Coves fishing Sunday morning. I don't know if it was related, but around 11 or so we heard a whole lot of sirens and wondered what was going on. Then an hour later we got caught by the first squall that came through and had to paddle through an unprotected cove to get back. Let me tell you, the waves and chop were easily 2.5' to 3' high. It got pretty hairy. At one point I started looking for a shore line we could get out on and wait it out but it was nothing but steep rocks and bulkheads.