Lake Conroe Lights?

lahai1dj

Lake Conroe Lights?

Post by lahai1dj »

Gentlemen,

I'm apprehensive about fishing Lake Conroe. From my limited experience with this fishery I think the boat traffic is obnoxious and that it would be especially dangerous for kayakers. However, I've never been there at night and am interested in testing out fishing dock lights around the lake. Does anyone here have experience with night fishing Conroe? Any tips, pointers? This is new territory for me so I'm treading with caution.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Lake Conroe Lights?

Post by kickingback »

Launch from Scott's ridge which is lighted. $5 launch fee 24 hour self pay. You can launch and go right towards the main lake and some of the houses along the way and around the corner have lights usually. Easy paddle, hardly any boat traffic after dark. Make sure you have your required safety gear like the 360 light. I also carry a bright Q-beam light and it works well and you can see anyone coming while paddling along the shore. No worries. I have done it many times. You can launch down south as well and hit other houses. Just look for launches where you can access homes easily. Look at Google earth to see other launch and homes close by.
I do it all the time and can fish those lights for hours on end.
gettin closer

Post by gettin closer »

I typically fish the North End of the lake with all of the stumps. Simply because fancy bass boats do not like stumps. Having said that, you can launch at the 830 dead end for free and fish that area. I have heard people complaining about homeowners telling them to go away as that is there water. I have never had this experience. I have also launched near April Sound and fished up inside those Cove areas as well. Plenty of lights and have caught Plenty of Fish. I have never had any issues. Best of luck
Camtheguitarman

Post by Camtheguitarman »

I live near the 830 ramp, plainly, those home owners are jackasses. But that's besides the point lol. Yeah just use caution when going out there at night and you'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how you did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
El Gato Diablo

Post by El Gato Diablo »

I've fished Conroe for years, never had any issues with property owners. If they are fishing their dock just go around them to the next one. I've never had much luck on the green lights, bait and gar will circle them all night. Definitely agree with less risk going north of 1375, but south side is where the deeper water is. Launch at Stubblefield if you want to avoid the big powerboats. I spent more time at night to fight the heat. Keep good lights, stay aware, and avoid big open water. You will see lots of boats going way over the limit at night.