Hydrilla fishin'

Camtheguitarman

Hydrilla fishin'

Post by Camtheguitarman »

So I've been fishing Raven a lot lately since I'm a student at shsu. Anyways, the hydrilla mats are ridiculous over there, I'm talking about 10-20 acres of it in the back of each cove. I've figured out if you paddle up to a hole in the pad you can basically jig for the lmb. But is there any other ways yall have found to effectively fish this stuff and get under the mat to whatever hogs might be swimming around under there? TIAImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OUTLAW

Re: RE: Hydrilla fishin'

Post by OUTLAW »

Camtheguitarman wrote:So I've been fishing Raven a lot lately since I'm a student at shsu. Anyways, the hydrilla mats are ridiculous over there, I'm talking about 10-20 acres of it in the back of each cove. I've figured out if you paddle up to a hole in the pad you can basically jig for the lmb. But is there any other ways yall have found to effectively fish this stuff and get under the mat to whatever hogs might be swimming around under there? TIAImageImageImage

I've had some success dragging a weightless worm or frog over the top hesitating in the holes. In Raven. I'm just an ameture lmb angler though

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Re: Hydrilla fishin'

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

do some "youtubing" on punching jigs, tubes, soft plastics. otherwise it's pretty much weedless top waters unless, you fish in the main lake around deep structure.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Frogs! Also big, top water spoons or buzzbaits. Weightless worms too as mentioned. There’s tons of fish hiding under there. The key is moving a lot and finding them. Frogs are my favorite, but WAIT to feel the weight! If you set on the eruption, you’ll miss most.

richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

As Cruising Cuda already said...Punching ......is what you need to go to school on.