How would you fish here?

OUTLAW

How would you fish here?

Post by OUTLAW »

Since its too windy to get out, let's play a game.

This is lake Livingston, sw of pine island. I found this on my navonics app and thought it's an interesting shelf. I can access it from my uncle's house on the south shore.
I'm also still trying to learn and set my Hook 4x for its best so...
How would you fish this? What fish, time of year etc...
ThanksImageImage

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: How would you fish here?

Post by kickingback »

I would fish all along the drop off areas and flooded timber for crappie. That much of a drop off will be a magnet for many fish so I would drop some rigs down for bass as well. Trolling that long drop off would probably be your best bet to find them first. If you can't get deep enough use down riggers if you can get them.
I would fish the shallows where the spot is already marked for bass all the way to the drop off area and I would fish for cats all along the bank.
OUTLAW

Re: RE: Re: How would you fish here?

Post by OUTLAW »

kickingback wrote:I would fish all along the drop off areas and flooded timber for crappie. That much of a drop off will be a magnet for many fish so I would drop some rigs down for bass as well. Trolling that long drop off would probably be your best bet to find them first. If you can't get deep enough use down riggers if you can get them.
I would fish the shallows where the spot is already marked for bass all the way to the drop off area and I would fish for cats all along the bank.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk