San Marcos Fishing?

Nsea

San Marcos Fishing?

Post by Nsea »

Thinking of floating the San Marcos from FM 1979 to 1977 and was wondering if anyone was catching fish in this section. I've done this float before and was skunked but it was still a good trip. I've heard from others that this stretch can be finicky, has anyone fished it lately?

I'm doing a 2 day camping trip - think I'll hit up the San Marcos Saturday and then the Guadalupe on Sunday before heading back to Houston. I mostly fly fish but usually bring a spinning rod.

Is there a different stretch on the SM I should do? I was thinking of launching from Spencer's Canoes and camping the night there since they run a shuttle. I'm new to the river scene so any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks
El Guapo77

Re: San Marcos Fishing?

Post by El Guapo77 »

I heard the san marcos river has been fishing very well the last few weeks. The river has nearly recovered since the massive flood we had 2 years ago. I would check the flow before heading there, because we had another torrential downpour yesterday night and most of today. I imagine the river will be high and flowing fast.