Situational Awareness | Are you watching?

Eat Sleep Fish

Situational Awareness | Are you watching?

Post by Eat Sleep Fish »

Finally decided to post the footage of my encounter earlier this spring when a man shot at me with a bb gun while I was fishing. I thought the topic of this BassTalk episode "Situational Awareness" would be a great topic to discuss and share my experience of what happened. This video is a reminder for all you fisherman to stay safe and always be aware of what's going on around you. You just never know what could happen or what you may encounter.

Head on a swivel out there.

Be safe and thanks for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7FOqJjKUk
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Re: Situational Awareness | Are you watching?

Post by larry long shadows »

well you handled that better than I could have .. that would have really pissed me off.. glad

you called the cops Thanks for Posting
Eat Sleep Fish

Re: Situational Awareness | Are you watching?

Post by Eat Sleep Fish »

larry long shadows wrote:well you handled that better than I could have .. that would have really pissed me off.. glad

you called the cops Thanks for Posting
I feel very fortunate to be so level headed, even in a situation like this, I didn't want it to best me. I assure you I was very upset though later on the more I processed things. The good thing is he knows I know where he lives and I'll be watching for him if I return to fish there. Sad thing is too I'm pretty sure I saw his (who I'm assuming to be) wife out back too when he was ducking tail back inside so she may have been egging him on, or he may have told her he was shooting at squirrels too. Who knows.