Lake Sheldon on sunday

TunaAddict30

Lake Sheldon on sunday

Post by TunaAddict30 »

Hey everyone I need some tips and insider info to get me on some bass for kayaking lake Sheldon this Sunday, I just purchased my first kayak a Nucanoe Pursuit, I had it out on lake Sheldon after work for about 2 hours just scouting and made a few casts with the fly rod. So any tips with either fly fishing or conventional fishing would be great. And yes I know watch out for dem gators
krackdawg

Re: Lake Sheldon on sunday

Post by krackdawg »

Along with the gator's, be very aware of your surroundings on land. I have friends that have gotten their trucks broken into over there. That being said, Ive had a blast there before running a frog over the lilly pads catching big bass. Good luck!
TunaAddict30

Post by TunaAddict30 »

krackdawg wrote:Along with the gator's, be very aware of your surroundings on land. I have friends that have gotten their trucks broken into over there. That being said, Ive had a blast there before running a frog over the lilly pads catching big bass. Good luck!
I have been out there a few times only once on a kayak tho and stayed clos to the end with the boat launch, which end has the Lilly pads and have you had any other luck using any different kind of bait also?
Whack&Stack

Post by Whack&Stack »

That ramp has had more vehicles broken into than any place I have ever known. A buddy of mine had his broken into 3 different times. He finally quit going. He once went there and hid in the bushes with a baseball bat but they didn't show up. Probably the best thing, it could have been ugly depending on what the thieves had!!!! Not a good area at all!!!!!
PharmDPhisher

Post by PharmDPhisher »

I've fished there all my life. Huge bass in there. But the out of sight parking is just to tempting for thieves. Hell, in the 90's I had a friend robbed at gunpoint while bank fishing. Just not worth it.
canuk

Post by canuk »

well maybe I've been lucky or its gotten better but I go there often during past 2 years on Fri-Sun and park my navigator in the lot.... Never had a problem and have not seen any issues with other vehicles in the lot.... Great place to go as even when the fishing is slow its a great paddle
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

did you go ??