Maiden voyage on the FeelFree Lure 11.5 and 3 day camping trip at Stubblefield Recreation Area

Cityfisher

Maiden voyage on the FeelFree Lure 11.5 and 3 day camping trip at Stubblefield Recreation Area

Post by Cityfisher »

Finally pulled the trigger and upgraded from my Heritage 10 and bought a FeelFree Lure 11.5. I did a lot of research on this kayak before I bought it and had an idea of how it would paddle and how comfortable it would be. I had my mind set on the 13.5 but the guy at ACK talked me out of it and into an 11.5 instead. I am sure glad he did. The 11.5 Lure is heavy enough as it is and this one fits in my truck without having to use a bed extender. Got out to the lake and got it in the water. Just about every review you read on this kayak is pretty much spot on. It is a really comfortable ride. It is so stable you can step from the shore onto the deck without moving. I stood up and fished in 20mph winds without a worry. Except for becoming a sail and dragging the anchor along. lol And what you have ready about it being slow, it has one speed, slow and steady and that's it! Don't even try to go any faster, you'll wear yourself out.
But I knew that going in and it works for my style fishing anyway.

It was really nice camping out there. I just love that area. We caught a few bass each but not very many. I am still learning the bass patterns around there. But Stubblefield makes for a very nice paddle with all the sloughs and protected waterways winding through the forest. Saw an eagle flying overhead, several water snakes. Even saw a snake with a frog in it's mouth and the frog sounded like it was crying! That was a trip! I couldn't figure out what the sound behind me was until I turned around and finally saw it. Overall a good weekend on my new yak. Lot's of beer around the camp fire, BBQ burgers one night and chicken the next. Not to hot and not to cold. :)
Attachments
20170408_181518.jpg
20170401_122628.jpg
20170409_121909.jpg
Cityfisher

Re: Maiden voyage on the FeelFree Lure 11.5 and 3 day camping trip at Stubblefield Recreation Area

Post by Cityfisher »

couple more pics
Attachments
20170409_121901.jpg
20170409_111142.jpg
Kirk B.

Re: Maiden voyage on the FeelFree Lure 11.5 and 3 day camping trip at Stubblefield Recreation Area

Post by Kirk B. »

According to the joke, you're supposed to catch the snake, take the frog, give the snake a drink of whisky, and let him go, and fish with the frog. The snake is supposed to show up a little bit later, with 2 more frogs in his mouth, looking for more whisky!
Looks like you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Kirk B. wrote:According to the joke, you're supposed to catch the snake, take the frog, give the snake a drink of whisky, and let him go, and fish with the frog. The snake is supposed to show up a little bit later, with 2 more frogs in his mouth, looking for more whisky!
Looks like you had a good trip. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Haha! I've heard the joke before but that fits perfect! As a matter of fact, the first bass I caught was on a plastic frog!
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

Sounds like a great time. I actually want to get back out that way soon.