Llano River at Junction - downstream from I-10

Shane

Llano River at Junction - downstream from I-10

Post by Shane »

Can you put in the river at the park in town or along I-10 and fish downstream and then paddle back up without much trouble, or is their too much current to mess with trying to paddle back up?
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Re: Llano River at Junction - downstream from I-10

Post by larry long shadows »

last time i was in Junction it cost me $600 and a night in jail...try this site for some info http://www.junctiontexas.com/things-to- ... lano-river
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

What happened??
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Dang, what happened?
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

larry long shadows wrote:last time i was in Junction it cost me $600 and a night in jail...try this site for some info http://www.junctiontexas.com/things-to- ... lano-river
she sure didn't look like no cop did she? :lol:

sorry i couldn't resist :dance:
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

let's just say i was hanging with Wille and had an open container.. best jail i have ever been in sweet tea and meat loaf played washers out back..they were cool cops and judge told me i could come back any time i wanted ..and thats keeping it short ..I could go on ...that was about 13 years ago haven't been back ...yet :mrgreen:
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

larry long shadows wrote:let's just say i was hanging with Wille and had an open container.. best jail i have ever been in sweet tea and meat loaf played washers out back..they were cool cops and judge told me i could come back any time i wanted ..and thats keeping it short ..I could go on ...that was about 13 years ago haven't been back ...yet :mrgreen:
LOL, awesome.
turkeytx

Post by turkeytx »

I fish there all the time from a buddy of mine's ranch that is downriver from I10. The current is way too strong to try and paddle upstream when the river narrows. What you need to do is leave a vehicle at County Road 314 where it has a low level bridge water crossing. The float down if I recall is probably near 9 - 10 miles long and will take you almost all day depending on how much you stop and hit the deep pools. There is a ton of good fishing holes and some fun small rapids in spots to make the trip interesting.
Shane

Post by Shane »

I was afraid the current would be too much for my dad. We put in at the 1st 377 crossing on the South Llano and paddled up to the little waterfall and fished our way back down. Spent about 4 hours on that and had a lot of fun. I got out and drug him in his yak up a couple of shallow rapid sections. Other than that, it was an easy paddle.