More rod holders/configurations

wardtodd2

More rod holders/configurations

Post by wardtodd2 »

I have a 14 ft Pescador, which has two flush mount rod holders. I'm going to pick up a three rod holder to attach to my crate soon. I usually set up with one rod rigged with a search lure like a spinnerbait and the other rod rigged for soft plastics. Then depending on how the day is going I will change up lures from there. Of course it would be nice to have more rods already rigged instead of changing lures.

I'm thinking with the extra capacity I will likely have one rod rigged for weightless plastics (I like flukes) one Texas rigged (with weight), and the remaining 2-3 will be for spinnerbaits, jigs, and crankbaits.

Interested to hear how others do it...it's mostly personal preference and conditions of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krackdawg

Re: More rod holders/configurations

Post by krackdawg »

I like having 1 rigged with soft plastics, 1 with crank/ chatter/ spinner, and 1-2 that I can switch out. Of those, I like having 2 rigged with braid and 2 with floro. Once I find what works I usually end up using that 75% of the time if not more. Got a couple flush mounts and a couple rod holders on my crate. It all depends on where I'm going and what the area holds. If I know the area I like to bring less rods and simplify my approach. In my experience, "less is more" usually yields more fish.