Throw away those bagged fish sticks

bullet.catcher

Throw away those bagged fish sticks

Post by bullet.catcher »

Crappie fish sticks are absolutely amazing! You have to try this simple recipe. They were pulled through the ice and went straight into the fryer. The simple things in life are always the best! Enjoy!

Tombo

Re: Throw away those bagged fish sticks

Post by Tombo »

Two things I love to eat. Fresh caught fish and mac and cheese (Kraft is my favorite.
I always suggest to folks if they want to get the freshest tasting fish, is to kill and gut the fish and put on ice. Commercial fishers do this to store their catch.
Another suggestion I would like an opinion on is to add a little crushed pecans to your flour mix.
Now I am hungry for lunch but its 0600!
bullet.catcher

Post by bullet.catcher »

I feel the same way.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Sorry, guys, can't resists... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3u5qkqCTDQ
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Those look good. I'll have to try it that way. I do redfish in panko but haven't added in the cheese or basil. We do redfish tacos with the panko and a chipotle mayo on the slaw.
bullet.catcher

Post by bullet.catcher »

karstopo wrote:Those look good. I'll have to try it that way. I do redfish in panko but haven't added in the cheese or basil. We do redfish tacos with the panko and a chipotle mayo on the slaw.
now that meal sounds really good! If you don't mind could I have the recipe? I'd like to try it.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

bullet.catcher wrote:
karstopo wrote:Those look good. I'll have to try it that way. I do redfish in panko but haven't added in the cheese or basil. We do redfish tacos with the panko and a chipotle mayo on the slaw.
now that meal sounds really good! If you don't mind could I have the recipe? I'd like to try it.
Pan fry the fish in panko like in the original post, minus the add ins or with them, or you could grill it. Chipotle mayo, I'm bad about just winging recipes, but it's about 1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2-4 tablespoons of chiles in adobo sauce and a chile from the sauce if you like it hot, and some lime. You can also use plain Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Put in blender or chop the pepper fine and hand mix. Serve with packaged shredded Cabbage or shred your own. I like corn tortillas, I also serve it with cilantro and lime on side as desired. Some people like sliced red or chopped green onions to put on too.

There are lots of chipotle mayo recipes on the food sites.
bullet.catcher

Post by bullet.catcher »

Thanks!