Conroe bulk head fishing

Boxermaniac98

Conroe bulk head fishing

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Was thiking about giving the bulk heads some action in the morning, does anyone have any reports over the past couple of days? I know that it is getting close and I don't want to miss out. Normally I leave out of public boat launch 1097 and head into the lake along the south bank and fish the bulkheads along the way. Welcome to join if you like.
Cajun Kayaker

Re: Conroe bulk head fishing

Post by Cajun Kayaker »

Good talking to you on Friday. Thanks for the tips on hulk head fishing. Will be re-stringingall my lines and getting gear ready for early spring fishing. May take the kayak for a spin in near future. Give a report out on how the cats are doing on Lake Conroe
Rig'emNGig'em

Post by Rig'emNGig'em »

Did you do any good? Ive never fished that part of Conroe before, and it looks pretty protected from the wind. I was going to hit Gibbons Saturday morning but overslept and didnt want to fight the winds all the way over to the hot water side.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Well, did not do any good, woke up walked outside and it seemed to be nice enaought ohit the water. Changed clothes kiss mama and went out to load the yak in the truck and it was raining, BIG SAD FACE, so that led to back in the bed with mama and that was all she wrote for the day.

Weather is suppose to be nice Saturday or Sunday if either of you would like to make a trip to see if the cats are hitting the bait.
Boxermaniac98

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

Rig'emNGig'em wrote:Did you do any good? Ive never fished that part of Conroe before, and it looks pretty protected from the wind. I was going to hit Gibbons Saturday morning but overslept and didnt want to fight the winds all the way over to the hot water side.
That part of the lake has a place to change and use the restroom. That to me is a big added bonus to help keep the truck from getting wet and smelly. The fishing is pretty good, it does get busy in the summer with kids on jet skis and boats, I have never had a near miss or any other that would make me not like the launch.

If the wind is shooting down the ally it can get pretty rough, however never so bad I could not find a place to fish.

I am fishing for cats using liver and range cubes and catch some hybrids now and then.
Rig'emNGig'em

Post by Rig'emNGig'em »

Yea I am waiting to hear back from a buddy to see what his schedule is looking like for the weekend, but if plans for going with him falls through, Id be up for Sunday morning. Just for clarification, are you talking about the launch at Scotts Ridge or another one since 1097 crosses the lake about 3 times?