Looking for fishing buddy around Cleveland area.

kapdon

Looking for fishing buddy around Cleveland area.

Post by kapdon »

Hello everyone.
I am new to this site, new to kayak fishing, and relearning fishing in itself. I grew up fishing in a pond in the back yard. I can't even recall how I came to possess any fishing poles or any tackle. I just remember fishing a lot. When I entered my teens my sister had married a gentleman who was into fishing even more than I was. You can bet that the two of us could be found fishing local lakes and rivers every weekend. As so many things in life often do, the fishing gradually drifted away. My attention turning more to girls and his more so to running a business, we just stopped planning trips to the water. I stopped fishing for a very long time.

Now, getting close to 40, I recently had a buddy of mine introduce kayak fishing to me a few months ago. I bought a cheap kayak to give a trial and we made a couple trips to a few fishing holes in our area. However, he just informed me that he is moving out of state in August. Now, as I am just getting my interest build up into fishing more often again I am finding myself without a fishing partner, again.

Was wondering if there is anyone here that is close to the Cleveland area who is looking for a fishing buddy?
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: Looking for fishing buddy around Cleveland area.

Post by MobyYack »

do you ever fish lake houston?
kapdon

Post by kapdon »

I have never fished lake houston. Mostly lake livingston. However, that is part of the reason why I was looking for someone around the Cleveland area. It is central to lakes Houston, Conroe, and Livingston. I have found a cove in North Lake Houston I want to try out. I have been out there a couple times and every time I wished I had a fishing pole. I am going back over there this Friday. I am going to ask the property owner if they will give me access.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

i can meet you at ponderosa marina if you want to check out luce bayou...ive never fished there before
kapdon

Post by kapdon »

That's right down the road from where I was talking about. Only I was eyeing around the island in the lake in that area. I have plans this weekend but perhaps next weekend?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

I live in Livingston and fish lake Livingston often. I'm willing to get together and fish. Pm me if you want to try and get a day scheduled.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

lets all get together sometime next week (Monday or Tuesday and again later in the week if we get into some fish.). you pick a day, im free everyday all day
kapdon

Post by kapdon »

I fished Lake Livingston in Onalaska off 356 last weekend. I might be able to do a fishing trip this Monday. The only other times I am available is the weekends.
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

My family has plans Monday for the 4th that afternoon. I work out of town and can't get home from work until 10am monday morning. I might can try and squeeze in a little time during the day monday but not sure. Did you fish on the main lake or go up 356 to Sebastopool? I don't work every weekend so if this doesn't work out we can try another day.
kapdon

Post by kapdon »

I paddled around Brushy Creek area next to the creek side community. Monday may not be the best day for me now either. My plans for today got cancelled so I am going to try to make it to Luce Bayou today. I have a brisket I am going to have to smoke by tomorrow.
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

I'm planning on going Tuesday. I know you said you can only go on weekends so that probably is not going to work for you. I work next sat but I think im free next Sunday afternoon.
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Went fishing today. Pretty much had the lake to myself.
Attachments
Caught this little lady today on Livingston
Caught this little lady today on Livingston
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

TexasFlyaker wrote:Went fishing today. Pretty much had the lake to myself.
vwry nice! when u fishing luce bayou
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Ive never fished Luce Bayou, but I'm open to new places.
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Im still willing to try and schedule a day to fish. I am fishing a night tournament with my dad this coming Saturday so this weekend is out. Let me know if your still interested, and we can plan in advance.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

Im available any evening this week. Im limited on lures and will be using artificial lures or live net-caught bait. pm sent
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Im working all this week, but what about next Tuesday? July 19?
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

sounds good to me
txkidd

Post by txkidd »

Hey I'm Saul, I live on the border of Cleveland and Conroe. Been living here for 4 years but do to work and life I haven't been able to fish much. I have a crazy work schedule because I work shutdowns and turnarounds. I'd love to fish closer to home so if y'all ever need company anywhere from Livingston to freeport shoot me a text 8327699587 I might be available.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

txkidd wrote:Hey I'm Saul, I live on the border of Cleveland and Conroe. Been living here for 4 years but do to work and life I haven't been able to fish much. I have a crazy work schedule because I work shutdowns and turnarounds. I'd love to fish closer to home so if y'all ever need company anywhere from Livingston to freeport shoot me a text 8327699587 I might be available.
wanna meet tuesday..? .looks like well be hooking up on lake houston
txkidd

Post by txkidd »

MobyYack wrote: wanna meet tuesday..? .looks like well be hooking up on lake houston
After this weekend I should have a few days off I'll know for sure on Sunday
TexasFlyaker

Post by TexasFlyaker »

Are we all planning to meet up tomorrow? If so where and when? Ive never fished any part of lake Houston so ill be starting from scratch there. Other lakes in the area are good too Conroe, Raven, Livingston. What did you guys have in mind to try out?
DYAKATTACK

Post by DYAKATTACK »

It's on below the damn right now,but you're going to need a heavy anchor because of the current.the stripers are hitting anything top water that moves between the the cable and the damn.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

DYAKATTACK wrote:It's on below the damn right now,but you're going to need a heavy anchor because of the current.the stripers are hitting anything top water that moves between the the cable and the damn.
which dam are you talking about
txkidd

Post by txkidd »

DYAKATTACK wrote:It's on below the damn right now,but you're going to need a heavy anchor because of the current.the stripers are hitting anything top water that moves between the the cable and the damn.
Livingston? I've been itching to head out there but wasn't sure how bad the current would be. I'm seeing 8000cfs now is that doable or safe for peddling/paddling?