Onion Creek

texasproud11

Onion Creek

Post by texasproud11 »

Let the debates begin. Is onion creek navigable by Texas law?
texasproud11

Re: Onion Creek

Post by texasproud11 »

I've only found that it was seasonable but appropriate for public use when water is high
t100

Post by t100 »

I've heard upstream from "the bar b que" place land owners have fences across the creek and do not like anyone in the water. That's just what I heard be it legal or not. Buda to the Colorado River should be good.
b hanley

Post by b hanley »

The TPWD website has a link to a Texas River Guide that sets out Texas law concerning navigable rivers. Basically you have a right to use a river or stream if it is navigable in fact and/or is navigable by statute (averages 30 feet wide from its mouth on up). There is much more detail covered in the Guide.

I believe it violates the Parks & Wildlife Code and possibly the Penal Code to put a fence across a navigable waterway. We had that problem a few years ago on the Middle Bosque. The local game wardens contacted the landowners in question. One landowner took his fence down. The other landowner was "irate", but Mother Nature took out his fence before a formal action could be commenced. The irate landowner did not replace the fence.
texasproud11

Post by texasproud11 »

Yea I've done that route and their used to be a fence but washed out years back.
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but I have been searching for kayak launch points on onion creek. Curious if anyone can tell me where a kayak can be launched and which area has the best water for a kayak.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Btt

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk