Anybody fish Buffalo Run Park lately?

mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Anybody fish Buffalo Run Park lately?

Post by mwrose777 »

I've read lots of old reports but haven't seen anything recent. Not sure why but I never made it that way until Saturday (just a drive through). Nice looking lake. I remember hearing there were some break in issues as well. Just curious if it's decent fishing still, as it's much closer than Raven. Thanks.
fish1onthefly

Re: Anybody fish Buffalo Run Park lately?

Post by fish1onthefly »

I was there Sat too and saw some yakers on the water. It was pretty windy. I have never fished it but it looked promising! According to TPWD it has been stocked with fingerling catfish every year since 2007.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/act ... _code=1985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mwrose777
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by mwrose777 »

fish1onthefly wrote:I was there Sat too and saw some yakers on the water. It was pretty windy. I have never fished it but it looked promising! According to TPWD it has been stocked with fingerling catfish every year since 2007.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/act ... _code=1985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I also saw the stocking report. I mostly fly fish but will have to take a setup for catfish. Maybe try and get out there this weekend of the rain lays off.
big_bad_John

Post by big_bad_John »

Have either of y'all had any luck there? I went the other day but didn't catch anything.
slicker

Post by slicker »

Me and my brother-n-law hit up Buffalo Run this past weekend and caught a few bass. It was very slow, but I think all the fresh water from last week's rains had something to do with it. Unfortunately, last week's rains also dumped a lot of trash into the lake. I filled up the front half of my commander with bottles and cans. It was pretty nasty.

One thing you'll notice about Buffalo Run is there are a lot of bank fisherman. That combined with a lot of sub surface structure leads to a lot of old fishing lines in the water. I typical hook up on at least 2-3 each trip. But, I have found some nice crank baits floating along and stuck on stumps. If you ever go there in a PB, always check your trolling motor for old lines.

Does anyone know what type additions they are making to the park? The back little lake was damned off they are digging it out big time. It looks like they are also adding two more nice size lakes as well. Very deep. I searched the web a bit, but I couldn't find anything about it.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

from the current satellite
Attachments
BuffaloRunPk.jpg
buffalo-run-park.jpg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I have used it to test drive kayak modifications, trolling motor issues, and to generally get on the water to things set up on the kayak for optimal feng shui on the water. I caught a small bass once trolling out there, but I bet that thing is fished out.