Bastrop Lake

centexfish

Bastrop Lake

Post by centexfish »

Spent Fathers day weekend at Bastrop lake, only my second time at the lake. Hot and humid, but the fish were biting. Lots of small bass, some were under 5 inches but were hitting the bait hard, then i hooked a real nice 16.5 in LMB, nice fight. I also took home 2 catfish, 18 and 20 in.
For a few minutes i thought, i was at the coast, i saw alot to tailing fish in the thick weeds, got close enough to one of them to find out it was a silver colored carp, easily pushing 5 lbs or more. Lots of bass in that lake, took some time to find a spot away from the swimmers and jet skis, but it was worth it. Going back for sure.
Attachments
Tailing carp
Tailing carp
catfish
catfish
16.5 bass
16.5 bass
FJCruisin

Re: Bastrop Lake

Post by FJCruisin »

The bass should begin their yearly schooling action soon. They blow up all over the lake and its a blast! There is a relaxed tournament there this Saturday, open to kayaks and power boats. I dont know much about it, but I think they catch a bunch of unders and do a fish fry.
dandturtle830

Re: Bastrop Lake

Post by dandturtle830 »

FJCruisin wrote:The bass should begin their yearly schooling action soon. They blow up all over the lake and its a blast!
hope i get on some of that action