Navigation...I'm an idiot

Sailnjunky

Navigation...I'm an idiot

Post by Sailnjunky »

Put in at Scott's Ridge this morning and did okay at the bulkheads before the wind picked up to a light hurricane gale around 11:00am. We paddled back north with the intent of calling it quits early. I completely missed the left hand turn and we ended up paddling an extra mile or so north nearly dead ending into the north shore of the lake before realizing my blunder. More than an hour of power paddling into 20mph wind for nothing. Man was I glad it was a pretty day and not a storm. Fortunately, we were able to make really good time going downwind on the way back.

I promptly offered my buddy an apology beer when we got back to the house.

We rented our yaks from SW Paddlesports. My buddy had a 14ft Native, and I had a 12ft Fish N Dive. I liked how the Fish N Dive handled and how I sat up higher in the water, but DANG if that thing didn't get pushed around in the wind. Not as comfortable as the 12ft Heritage I rented last time, but it did good. My buddy liked the Native, but he didn't like how far away the compartments were.
promark03

Re: Navigation...I'm an idiot

Post by promark03 »

I made a wrong turn one time in the marsh and ended up paddling 30 minutes extra for no reason. It sucks, but it happens.
Flippin' Crazee

Post by Flippin' Crazee »

Yep, i've done the same :D
Mellow-Yellow

Post by Mellow-Yellow »

I have made a wrong turn once before a allso, just called it exploring. :dance: