Ray Bob..

livetofish
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Ray Bob..

Post by livetofish »

I will be at the Du Bois unit of Ray Bob SP from Sept. 11 to 14th. Any recommendations on whether I should take the yak and where should I fish ?

LTF
Yaqui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Yaqui »

Check my report below of what the greeebelt corridor might be like for you. We have had some rain up this way. Below the dam there is a place to put in with about 30 steps down to the water. Hauling a yak down there is not easy but it can be done. Getting the yak back up might be hard. If you have the ability to use two cars it might be easier to leave one at the park at the mid point between Ray Bob and Lewisville.
Good luck

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... .php?t=116
DBPlano

Post by DBPlano »

Another option you might consider is fishing the main lake feeder creeks. 377 crosses buck creek and 922 crosses over Wolf, Indian and Du Bois. I have had good luck fishing the shoreline in the back of some of these creeks with buzz baits and pop-r type baits. If you don't have a yak cart or a fishing partner to help portage your boat down to the water, then you might want to launch at the boat ramp at Buck creek. East will take you further into the creek and west will take you out to the main lake.

Good luck with your trip.
DB
livetofish
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by livetofish »

My kids will be with me. Do they have lighted piers, restrooms, live bait supplies, etc? What are the typical baits for these piers?

Thanks for all the yakking info. I am taking the yak and will check out the spots during the day when kids and wife are on to something else.

LTF