Pike Bites Fisherman

MN BassFisher

Pike Bites Fisherman

Post by MN BassFisher »

This is a video I just threw together from August 31st, 2012. I was throwing topwater for bass with good success when I was blown up 3 times in the same area. I was frustrated in not getting the hooks into this fish so I grabbed my swim jig and casted into the area, it only took seconds til I hooked into this fish. It was a Northern Pike that I should have worn out a little more because when it got boat side, it jumped fully out of the water, bit my hand, and stole my swim jig. Leaving me with broken Flouro and a bloody hand. Here's the video:

sjthompson

Re: Pike Bites Fisherman

Post by sjthompson »

Who do you think you are anyway? Relaxing catching fish enjoying yourself who does that? LOL! Wish I was there looks like a killer palce to fish. Wish there were areas like that near me!
MN BassFisher

Post by MN BassFisher »

haha yeah I guess I had that one coming!! This was at my cabin in Wisconsin, I've since moved to CO and I'm gonna have to do a lot of searching to find similar waters here!
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

That wa fun thanks for posting
sjthompson

Post by sjthompson »

Sweet that sounds nice, sure ill come up! lol. I had the pleasure of fishing lake of the woods onterio canada man its so beautifull out there. Thats what you video reminded me of. Ohh the memories oh the pike we caught oh the muskee I lost oh the insane scary mosquito swarm that chased us. And yes im being serious, I have never feared for my lfe like that before. It was a massive swarm of them that came out of the trees and literally attacked us lol. All we had was the measly 15hp and a 16ft v bottom thank god we werent in a yak!
MN BassFisher

Post by MN BassFisher »

Haha I recently moved to Colorado and that's one thing I won't miss about MN and WI - MOSQUITOES!!!
pancho vanilla

Post by pancho vanilla »

I go up to Minnesota during the summer and last year I caught my first muskie on a crawdad. What lure are you using in your video ?
mpg2yahoo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by mpg2yahoo »

That looks fun! Catching fish after fish after fish. Nice work :clap: my first impression was a hook accident, but seems the pike teeth are razor sharp.
MN BassFisher

Post by MN BassFisher »

Yes, their teeth definitely are sharp!!! I was using a topwater frog for all the fish, except for that pike that bit me - I was using a Swim jig.