need a taxidermist

Dylankyle67

need a taxidermist

Post by Dylankyle67 »

Who knows of a good place to get a bass mounted near Spring and Houston?
IMG_0543.JPG
N2bassfishing

Re: need a taxidermist

Post by N2bassfishing »

One of the best is on Lake Fork. http://www.lakeforktaxidermy.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jboogerfinger

Post by jboogerfinger »

Conroe taxidermy in the woodlands area. They've been there forever. No experience with them.
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... file&u=916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of our fellow TKF'ers, located in Highland bayou area.

http://www.creativefeathers.com/index.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Suppose to be good, never used them, but they had a shop in Gander Mountain down in Spring.

Conroe Taxidermy
11845 Clark Lane, Conroe, TX 77385-5323
conroetaxidermy.com
LastHurrah

Post by LastHurrah »

Beast!
Dylankyle67

Post by Dylankyle67 »

I worked at that gander mountain they are pretty good guys but I have never had anything done by them and I have been turned away from them multiple times I think lake fork is a bit far but I have heard of them, see the problem is I am going back to college in a few weeks and my parents are moving to dubai in a few weeks so Id like it to be a bit closer because a friend will have to pick it up for me haha
BCorn

Post by BCorn »

i have been messing around with taxidermy for 18 years. worked for full time shops when i was younger but now just have a side business. if you dont find someone i will be glad to do it for you. i am in the conroe area. i will warn you up front though....i have about an 8 month turn around time. my email is brandoncornelius@hotmail.com
N2bassfishing

Post by N2bassfishing »

Dylankyle67 wrote:I worked at that gander mountain they are pretty good guys but I have never had anything done by them and I have been turned away from them multiple times I think lake fork is a bit far but I have heard of them, see the problem is I am going back to college in a few weeks and my parents are moving to dubai in a few weeks so Id like it to be a bit closer because a friend will have to pick it up for me haha
I'm sure they could ship it back to you. They could do a replaca mount and you would just have to send them the photos. Did you get it measured?
Dylankyle67

Post by Dylankyle67 »

n2fishing wrote:
Dylankyle67 wrote:I worked at that gander mountain they are pretty good guys but I have never had anything done by them and I have been turned away from them multiple times I think lake fork is a bit far but I have heard of them, see the problem is I am going back to college in a few weeks and my parents are moving to dubai in a few weeks so Id like it to be a bit closer because a friend will have to pick it up for me haha
I'm sure they could ship it back to you. They could do a replaca mount and you would just have to send them the photos. Did you get it measured?
Oh yes did a ton of measuring and weighing and got some great pictures but the fish didnt make it and out of respect to the fish I think I want to do a skin mount I am still looking though I know its better to do a replica.