Airbrushing lures. flies; method, designs, color schemes

Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Airbrushing lures. flies; method, designs, color schemes

Post by Harold Ray »

Does anyone here do airbrush painting? I make lures and tie flies. Right now I'm working on a bunch of poppers which I hand paint. I think I could get better, smoother paint jobs by airbrushing them, but I've never done that and don't have a clue. Does anyone have experience in this?

I have bought a Copic unit which uses Copic markers as the paint source, but I haven't fired that rascal up yet. Since I'm a total novice I thought I'd ask for help before I did. I got the Copic because they are supposed to be pretty simple, and they have rave reviews.

Dick Blick Art Supplies Copic Airbrush Kit: http://www.dickblick.com/products/copic ... sh-system/

My first question after learning to turn this thing on and learning a little about operation is, How do you make designs and color schemes on lures?

I will appreciate all help!!

Thanks!!

Ray
teamjack

Re: Airbrushing lures. flies; method, designs, color schemes

Post by teamjack »

Go to stripersonline.com and click on the lure building forum. I do not do it myself but these guys do some incredible work.
Terry G.

Post by Terry G. »

Harold, i use to custom paint for about 20-25 years or so, bikes,cars,trucks,boats,planes, etc.
an air brush is simple to use but it takes a lot of hand control.

thumb down for air control, thumb back and forward for flow(paint control), plus your paints must be thinned to spray.

i have owned many Paasche airbrushed and first rule of thumb (heheh) is keep it clean.

if ya want to ask more questions holler at me.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

Alot depends on what paints you use oil base/ lacquer/water base and how you thin them...plus top coat's if needed..air brush can be use with stencil for eyes etc...Go to Art store and look at some air brush work books will give you some idea's...Have Fun and post some work.....One other thing don't drop that sucker if you mess up tip it is toast.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

Sorry I just looked at the one you have don't know any thing about them... :(