MAP of places to kayak fish in Texas

MAD MINNOW

Re: MAP of places to kayak fish in Texas

Post by MAD MINNOW »

Not seeing any of the pins. Anybody point me to any free kayak launch spots around Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend. I camp up that way I live in the Conroe area.
dieselndixie

Post by dieselndixie »

I need a spot along the san gabriel, that we can drop in, paddle upstream......then float back down and take out at the same spot. I see lots of people using the method of putting in at one spot, and taking out at another...but im a one man show!
nicholasgarmin98

Post by nicholasgarmin98 »

A good place to go if your around the Frisco/McKinney area is a place in prosper called town lake, fishing is pretty good and has a variety of different techniques you can use, from pitching and flipping to deep cranking. Every time I go there's usually no one on the water. The fishing can be kind of tough but your usually bound to catch at least 2-3 fish. Only think I would warn you about is during the summer time I've seen a few snakes swimming around but generally the swim off if they see you. There's two different place that you can launch the yaks but the one I launch from is in a designated parking area. Also just a quick pointer if you going to visit there this time of year the flats and the channels have been working really well. 33.241788,-96.759963 (coordinates if you're interested, and where I usually park)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
DingleBerry Outdoors

Post by DingleBerry Outdoors »

Hey all! This will be my first post as I have just recently joined TKF. I'm not sure if this has already been posted but this is what I use when fishing new bodies of water.

https://www.austinkayak.com/launchpoint
Zoom in to the body of water you would like to kayak/fish and wa-lah (voila if your French).

Tight Lines Everybody
-DingleBerry Outdoors
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

DingleBerry Outdoors wrote:Zoom in to the body of water you would like to kayak/fish and wa-lah (voila if your French).
https://www.austinkayak.com/launchpoint
Tight Lines Everybody
-DingleBerry Outdoors
cowtown_cobra

Post by cowtown_cobra »

Found a sweet little spot to lauch from by work
Public access easy to launch , nearby marina, but no camping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

not sure if someone posted tghis link yet... its a really good one.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 04407&z=13