orange yaks

Boar

orange yaks

Post by Boar »

I saw 2 orange sot's on a small flatbed trailor headin toward Whitney dam last week I had an emergency and couldn't investigate was it anyone we know and if so ...how was the Fishing?

Boar
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

You're doing better than I am. I never see any other kayakers, or canoers...even on the lakes.
Boar

Post by Boar »

srchr-gerald I'll be comming through yer part of the world friday evening, if you want I'll bring my canoe just so you can watch me drive through town. :)

Boar
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

That'll be a thrill. I sometimes think that most of the kayak guys on here are really just part of some secret government project where this weird, genious computer regals us with tales of fishing and paddling trips...yet never leaves the little electronic box. Stands to reason....if they were out there wouldn't we see them sometime? Of course...I did see a few at Aransas Pass. Had a great time there.
twister

Driving home from work yesterday

Post by twister »

I was driving home from work yesterday in Waco and I saw a gray crew cab Chevy with two yaks in the back. They were red and orange and sit insides. I do not know if it was the same two or not. I have only had my yak since the first part of July and have been practicing paddleing so I can fish with my brother on the coast.
Boar

Post by Boar »

twister
you are in Waco? We got to hook up and fish and paddle im in Aquilla just a few miles north off 933. Let me know week day evenings are best for me rite now but that will change soon

Boar
twister

fishing

Post by twister »

I have hunted aquilla but have not fished it very much. Weekends are best for me, I know the next few will be tied up, but I will let you know when I have a free one. What do you fish for in Aquilla, white bass or black bass?
Boar

Post by Boar »

I like to fish for crappie and cats in Aquilla but there are some good bass here both white and black.
let me know when u want to head this way or if you got any good places down there

Also I saw a yellow yak headin south on 933 sat on a small suv ..maybe a s10 blazer.

Boar
twister

my rig

Post by twister »

If you see a blue explorer XLT with a orange and white yak on top that is me. I have not fished out of my yak that much. I broke my shoulder in December of last year and I have found it is really good thearpy to paddle. I have been paddling the Brazos in the mornings on the weekends when I can.