Wish me luck!

Gig'em

Wish me luck!

Post by Gig'em »

I'm heading out from Houston to Kerrville. Will meet up with the San Antone Paddlers Sat. for a jaunt down the Guadalupe. My first time in a Caper by Ocean Kayak. My fourth time in a rented vessel. Am trying out lots of models prior to buying. Will try some fishing, too. Wish me luck, guys! 8)
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Good luck, Gigem

Post by TKFStubb »

I know you'll have a good time on the Guadalupe and the Caper should be fun! Let me know how it handles the swift water. I expect it to do very well..like a mini-Drifter. Have Fun! :lol:
Hook'em
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Hook'em »

Good Luck. Let us know how the Caper performs.

p.s. I thought the board would look cool "Author - Gig'em - Last Reply Hook'em"
Gig'em

Yakking the Guadalupe in Kerrville

Post by Gig'em »

Just got back today from yakking in Kerrville. The Ocean Kayak Caper I rented was great on the water.
Being rookies, several of us backed out of the planned set-in site due to the waters being at flood stage from heavy rains we got the night before. Not smart for us newbies. Other seasoned yakkers did their thing, though, and rode the chocolate colored waters anyway.
Several of us went back to camp and plopped our yaks in the river there. We had an enjoyable time touring that calmer strip of the river. The water was so clear we could watch the turtles and tiny fish swimming on the bottom. I chose not to fish this trip, so my fishin' pole stayed dry this time.
The OK Caper has my vote for being very stable, maneuverable, and easy for a woman to load by herself onto her vehicle.

Over and out.
Boar

Post by Boar »

Sounds like it was a good time
Do you thing that area would be worth going back to for fishing?

Boar
Gig'em

Yes

Post by Gig'em »

Judging by the number of boat shops, etc., I'd say fishing is a big past time in Kerrville. I know there are cats and bass in the water. Some campers caught a small bass with live worms while I was there. That's about all I know since I was just visiting there from Houston.