TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By eyedoc
Ok, so I’ve taken my old Malibu 2XL and done a bunch of mods:

Deck mat, anchor trolley, elevated seat (best thing I could have ever done, by the way), yak attack gear racks, paddle holder, rod holder, Deeper Chirp castable depth finder with modified articulating arm to fit Scotty rod holder, modified yak attack arm for phone (photos and for Deeper app), additional Scotty rod holder, Scotty rear light mount, insulated fish bag, foam fitting for gaspachi hatch to hold stuff in place, 6” dry bag hatch in bow...

I think I’ve kind of maxed out what you can do with a non-pedal, non-angler yak. I considered a console, but where I put the seat puts the gaspachi hatch right between my legs, so it’s a nice flat surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By SWFinatic
Nice work!

That looks like a DPS fish bag. They are good bags but don't hold ice the best. You can add some rigid foam insulation to the inside (and outside if you want) to help with this. I used 1" thick Dow rigid insulation board (had a broken piece at work I was able to pick up at no charge) and covered it with silver tape that ac/heat guys use to seal ductwork. That stuff sticks great and helps keep the fish slime out of the insulation board. The inside pieces for the sidewalls are removable. The inside top piece is attached with velcro so I can take it off and on when cleaning. This really helped.
Attachments
DPS Fish Bag- Inside.jpg
By eyedoc
SWFinatic wrote:Nice work!

That looks like a DPS fish bag. They are good bags but don't hold ice the best. You can add some rigid foam insulation to the inside (and outside if you want) to help with this. I used 1" thick Dow rigid insulation board (had a broken piece at work I was able to pick up at no charge) and covered it with silver tape that ac/heat guys use to seal ductwork. That stuff sticks great and helps keep the fish slime out of the insulation board. The inside pieces for the sidewalls are removable. The inside top piece is attached with velcro so I can take it off and on when cleaning. This really helped.

That’s actually a good idea. Plus, it’ll help keep the shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oyster Lake, Palacios Aug 7

Follow that bayou that leads out of the lake into […]

Bump - TKFer discount. Text me.

Fingers crossed that it opens up way before the 2[…]

I see other's who have launched from this boat ram[…]