Choke Canyon status report?

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Has anybody fished there like...this century? I haven’t seen or heard anything other than the Parks and Wildlife repost that says everything is slow. Have any TKF bass warriors angled there lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yakety_Yak

Re: Choke Canyon status report?

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Cuervo, when I want to get a report on things down that way, I call the bait store in Three Rivers. I was told that the Nueces fishing was slow. Chock Canyon is slow as well but there has been some reports of crappie. The crappie are down deep. I know it's not much but I hope that helps.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Every little bit helps. I don’t usually call shops because every time I have in the past, it’s been: “Aw yeah man! The fishing is great! A guy caught a real lunker a couple of weeks back!”
Last time I was told that, I fished for hours and caught zilch. Later found out from game and fish department the lake had frozen solid a couple of years prior and every fish in it was pushing up daisies. That was Wyoming though. Maybe Texas bait shops are more honest.
Either way, I’ll haul my butt over there and check it out firsthand sometime. A report will follow per my M.O.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk