Conroe Walden area

OUTLAW

Conroe Walden area

Post by OUTLAW »

Looking at google maps I see some creeks coming in thru Walden. Adkins and Stewart, is there anyplace to park and launch a kayak to fish around the bridge area on both of these creeks. Looking for more protected area to utilize sometime
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
water in my beer

Re: Conroe Walden area

Post by water in my beer »

The little bridge on Walden road has a great access point in an abandoned neighborhood that you can literally pull right up to the water and put in at the bulkhead. However, make sure you have a rope tied to your kayak to pull it back up out of the water because the bulk head is about 4' tall and can be pretty embarrassing if you cant get your yak back out of the water. However, since they built a new development the silt from the development filled up almost the entire channel. I took my paddle board back there two months ago and I couldn't get past a giant sand bar that had been created by the runoff. It sucks because there are some real good fishing spots back there. I have seen a long boom track hoe out there so hopefully they are dredging out their mess. I don't know how it affected the fishing back in the creek but if it didn't and you can get back there paddle back around past the new development. Go past the dog leg to the right, you will come to a Y in the creek. One is a small natural channel with good fishing under the tree limbs (on the left) and the other is the developer made channel. At that point lives the biggest damn bass I have ever seen. We see her there in the spring and when it cools off in the fall. We have thrown everything under the sun at her and she wont bite but I guess that's the reason she is the size she is. If you land her please post a pic. She is the only double digit bass I have ever seen jump completely out of the water but we have seen her do it on multiple occasions. Its one of my favorite sots on Lake Conroe for the time being. There are still no homes back there, the bass boats don't go back there that much, the wild life (deer,racoons, etc.) still hang out there because the guy that owns the 97 acres that borders the channel is asking a ridiculous price for the land and has essentially made a nature preserve. This is a long rant but I want all of my fellow kayakers in the Conroe area to go out there and appreciate it before the homes move in and it is gone. THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS AREA, IS NO DAMN JET SKIS!!!
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
El Gato Diablo

Post by El Gato Diablo »

Remember, the lake has been lowered almost 2' for runoff in case of a hurricane. Some canals and creeks will be super shallow.