Houston Bank Fishing

CoachLP2

Houston Bank Fishing

Post by CoachLP2 »

Hey Everyone,

I'll be taking my wife to a teacher's conference next week on the west side of Houston. Are there any suggestions for bank fishing around there? I'm going to have about 8 hours to kill each day and I figure I'll save money if I just go fishing instead of going to every fishing store and ACK all day!
Any help is appreciated, under other circumstances I'd bring the kayak but I won't be able to this time.

Coach
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Houston Bank Fishing

Post by kickingback »

Hwy 290 and James Muse Parkway. Little pond with bass, cats and crappie. George is owners name and will drive out to greet you if you start fishing. He only charges $5 a person and you can keep anything you catch with no limits as it is a private pond. Sometimes he never comes out and you fish for free. I do all the time in my yak. He is old and either sleeping or somewhere else.
There is also the Mary Jo-Peckham Park off I-10 has bass and cats and bluegill. Google maps give you details and overview of ponds.
CoachLP2

Post by CoachLP2 »

Thanks man,

I'm definitely gonna check out the park.

Appreciate the help.

Coach
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I'd go with James Muse Parkway as Mary Jo-Peckham Park is over fished. It's difficult to catch out of there because of how many people fish it. Also, if you have time left to kill, you can always check out Bass Pro Shop in Katy. That's actually close to Mary Jo-Peckham Park if you do decide to still try and fish it. :)

After the conference, hit me up and let's do some fishing out of the yaks. :)