Stuck in San Angelo

Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Stuck in San Angelo

Post by Iamdamoder »

Well not exactly stuck but I'll be here working for a few more weeks. I can even check Mertzon off my bucket list. What is the deal with Biglake, what happened to the lake?

Any tips for the Concho or any of these lakes would be appreciated. I drove around a bit looking for spots where the blue line crosses the black one. The North Concho near the State Park Was just a puddle. I ended up back in town and pulled 2 small bass from under the 67 bridge @87. Got to meet some of the local homeless. :roll:

I do have a boat with me so if anyone wants to send me down the river, this is your chance. :mrgreen:
pancho vanilla

Re: Stuck in San Angelo

Post by pancho vanilla »

Hey Moder how is the fishing up that way? Have you been feeding the homeless?
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Head on down to Christoval. The south concho is awesome down there. Turn on Mineral wells rd a mile or so before that or head on to Pugh Park in Christoval. Plenty of clear water and fish. Weekends are bad down there, but now with school in, the weekdays will be traffic and riff raff free. Wish I could get away and show you some places, but the next few weeks are no good for me unfortunately. But if something changes i'll give you a shout.

Scott
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Thanx Scott,
Don't pay Vanilla no mind he has a text pic of all my small fish. :lol:
We stay pretty busy building the store but I got a tip from the Landlord to put in under the S. Chadbourn Bridge. Got a few going upriver but Sunday I wore the stripe after paddling down to 7th street and back.

Vanilla's daughter went to ASU so I heard tell about Cristovall. now I have directions. :)

If you get to town we are building
http://thecasualpint.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
at 19 E. Concho, a really cool historic building just a few doors down from Eggemeyer's General Store.

Cheers
Doug
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Iamdamoder wrote:http://thecasualpint.com/
Well, that piqued my interest. :D

How was the Mertzon fishing?
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Bigrock, I did not say that I fished in Mertzon, in fact I maintained every bit of the max allowed speed thru the entire encounter (both ways). :wink:

As for the "Casual Pint", with 300 different bottles and 22 taps they will need you and BBill too just to keep everything fresh. A couple guys with real experience probably equals 20 frat boys.
I have been building retail for 20 years and I always try to be gone before the product rolls in, this may be an exception. :mrgreen:
HaroldCoulter

Post by HaroldCoulter »

try out north pool of twin buttes. I would probably avoid nasworthy. I would make the trip to oak creek and O.H. Ivie as well as Amistad. All pretty close.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

HaroldCoulter wrote:try out north pool of twin buttes. I would probably avoid nasworthy. I would make the trip to oak creek and O.H. Ivie as well as Amistad. All pretty close.
Nasworthy is the closest and easiest, but I usually avoid it too. :lol: Heard Ivie and Amistad were doing pretty good, but a buddy told me yesterday he fished 2 tourneys on Oak Creek in the last month and it was tough fishing. 2 months ago great, but not so much at the moment. He said about 40 guys on one tourney and 5lbs won it. Second was around 20 guys and 2.5lbs won it. But still all good local (and semi local) lakes to try out though. I still haven't fished the north pool since it came up. If I have a chance to fish, I head to the river.
Bassyaker

Post by Bassyaker »

O.H. Ivie and Amistad are both great lakes to fish for all species, though access to good spots could be difficult. Spring creek in Mertzon is awesome in a yak, the farther you go up the creek, there are a few holes you may have to drag your boat to, but they hold some great fish. Avoid nasworthy, but I have seen some huge fish pulled out of Twin Buttes.
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

Thank you Gentlemen,
The number of suggestions has outpaced my free time thus far. I did make it home last weekend. After mowing, fixing fence and turning the compost pile into the winter garden plot, I was ready to get back to hanging drywall. :? I will do my best to get a fish pic for this thread before I leave.
pancho vanilla

Post by pancho vanilla »

Still up there? Hows the fishing?
Iamdamoder
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Iamdamoder »

pancho vanilla wrote:Still up there? Hows the fishing?

You know I was catching N. Fork bass last week. Where is the pic of that frog chaser that you cranked out of the pads weekend before last.

The Concho is like the Big Muddy now. Blame it all on Red Arroyo, a big time drainage ditch that even has a strip mall named after it. :shock: I've had a full day at the beer store for the last ten but I'll get a fish pic someday.