Quail Hunting in Anson, Texas

Queyak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Quail Hunting in Anson, Texas

Post by Queyak »

This trip was the best guided trip I have ever been on and that includes guided fishing trips as well. My first love is and always will be fishing at the coast but all I can say is "Wow, what an amazing time." My father and I were guided by Chip Martin along with his dogs. The first day was interesting and challenging, the wind got up to 30 mph if not more and his dogs still put us on some coveys. Chip went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves even with the bad weather we hunted quail with his dogs leading the way. Watching his dogs work was probably the highlight of the entire trip. We did take a break and had a great lunch at a local restaurant. One of the best cheeseburgers I have ever had, sounds silly but true. The first picture is from that day the dirt in the air actually blocked out the sun later in the day. I now know what the dinosaurs saw before they went away. The second day the weather was better and the dogs were incredible. The dogs were amazing to watch and there were about 14-15 coveys. Chip was very informative and on both days. He took the time to answer questions and teach about Quail and their habitat. I even learned that Coyotes are one of the Quails best friends. I have done very little Quail hunting in the past so the information was great. I left with not only with more knowledge and great memories but a huge amount of respect for both Chip Martin and his incredible dogs.
Attachments
huck.jpg
chip and dogs.jpg
wind2.jpg
wind2.jpg (39.42 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Do you have a contact number for them? Where are they located?
Queyak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Queyak »

The guy we went out with, is Chip Martin from Quail Unlimited. His email is txquail@bitstreet.com and his fax is 915-823-3340. Great guy to hunt with but if he is not able to take you out I am sure he will be able to get someone that is really good to do it. We were in Anson, Texas 20 minutes north of Abeline.