Gunsmith

FishDFly

Gunsmith

Post by FishDFly »

Can someone pplease recommend a top notch gunsmith in the Houston area that they have used?

Thanks
Fishing Elvis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fishing Elvis »

I would highly recommend taking anything to Briley for gunsmith work. They do excellent work there.

Here is the link
fredtoo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by fredtoo »

FishDfly,

Yes Briley's is great, but they aint cheap. You don't say what you need done, so is harder to know who to send you to, but:

When I needed the action bedded and the barrel floated on my Weatherby, I took it to Briley's. They did a great job, and I spent a bundle.

If I need a take-down cleaning, I take it (pistol, rifle, or shotgun) to Carters'.

If I need something done on a pistol or long gun that Carter's cannot or will not do (like a trigger job), then I have the number of the guy that does all their outside work for them. He is an individual that works out of his backyard shop, and his prices reflect that. His name is "Gary" and his number is 281-847-5732. He has drilled out screws with stripped heads for me as well as a trigger job on a 9mm.

If the number does not work for you, leave me a message and I will find his card at the office.

good luck,
fredtoo
FishDFly

Gunsmith

Post by FishDFly »

Thanks, when it comes to guns I hate to post too much information as you never know who might be reading.

Need a firing pin replaced in 1 rifle, need a trigger job done on a double barrel muzzle loading shotgun and have two old Colt pistols that need some attention.
fredtoo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by fredtoo »

Fish, that kinda work sounds like it is right up Gary's alley. I don't know about Briley, but Carter's will not do trigger jobs (liability) and they refer customers who want one to Gary. He is at

GL Gun Works
Gary Lucario
281-847-5732

He is out a lot because he is a "gun runner" for Carter's (picks up and delivers guns to be repaired at all Carter's sites)

good luck,
fredtoo
FishDFly

Post by FishDFly »

Thanks, I will give him a call.
KiOR Maniac

Post by KiOR Maniac »

FishDFly- I would highly recommend a gunsmith down in Texas City. I know its probably not in your area, but he does very good work. I've used him numerous times. If you want, he can make a gun from scratch to fit you. His name is Al Baker. I'll have to get back with you about his number if you are thinking about using him.
FishDFly

Post by FishDFly »

MM,

Texas City would be good, I work in TC. Let me know his number.

Thanks
Chaz
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chaz »

Thanks for the tips, guys. I have a very old Savage .22 rifle...took it to Briley's several times, they charged me more than the gun was worth, and it still doesn't work!