TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

By Texas brine
Hello Gents, I will be looking to do my first Waterfowl hunt this season. Upon researching some of the gear I might need like duck calls, decoys, etc. i came across a hunting blind that seems to fit the bill in what I think I might need being that i will be primarily hunting from my kayak. Any input is greatly appreciated.

https://yakgear.com/product/yakgear-amb ... ing-blind/
By CheapRide906
My friends and I have had great success just covering up with 12ft sections of nylon camo "burlap" ($9_$15) while using the kayak like a layout boat pulled up halfway into the grass. Could buy a lot of other essentials with the $195...just my opinion. Best of luck.
By Spoonbill
I use cheap camo netting. It's light and I can roll it up small.

Sometimes I pull the yak into the grass/mud and hunt out of it. Other times I might want to paddle to a spot, but then leave the yak behind and walk a ways. In that case I can hide the yak and use my camo netting elsewhere.

One nice thing I can think of, with the blind you linked to, is that it might offer a little better wind protection than what I use. I know it can be cold in a boat or blind, but I don't know if I've ever been colder than when I'm sitting in the open marsh in my plastic tub.
Corpus Reports...Any yet?

I'm hoping to go this weekend, but I'd like to hea[…]

2014 Jackson Big Rig - SOLD

Kayak is sold!

Headed down

Dang auto correct. I meant that I am interested to[…]

Frustrated in Surfside

I caught mine on the tide change on small gulfstre[…]