2016/2017 Duck Lease

pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

2016/2017 Duck Lease

Post by pdt818 »

Anyone have a heads up on any opportunities for a duck lease for the next season? Trying to start early in this process. If any one has private land that holds ducks and willing to take a chance on leasing for the first time, I am a no nonsense kind of person that will not trash your land up. I am also willing to come out and help work the land to prep it for season too.
skimo281

Re: 2016/2017 Duck Lease

Post by skimo281 »

pdt818 wrote:Anyone have a heads up on any opportunities for a duck lease for the next season? Trying to start early in this process. If any one has private land that holds ducks and willing to take a chance on leasing for the first time, I am a no nonsense kind of person that will not trash your land up. I am also willing to come out and help work the land to prep it for season too.
I'm wanting to get into duck hunting and the lease close to me I found was pretty expensive. Is it normal to expect to pay more than you would for a deer lease? Is public hunting worth pursuing? Sorry for the questions but I've had an itch to get back into hunting and duck and dove is the most practical for me and I'd like to get started this upcoming season.
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Public land can be productive. Lots of scouting work. If you choose to hunt a wma, be prepared to spend the night in line to secure a decent draw position
isubarui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by isubarui »

How much do you want to spend? That's going to determine if you are going to shoot ducks on a lease or not.

If you just care about shooting ducks then you will shoot a lot more if you used that lease money and bought an aluminum boat to hunt the coast / scout.

If its about convenience then look east for a duck lease. Another year like this year and unless you have a really spectacular lease youre going to struggle to consistently shoot ducks.