Anybody duck hunt from a paddleboard?

Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Anybody duck hunt from a paddleboard?

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

I'm toying around the idea of getting a paddleboard for next year's duck season. mainly just using to glide over the 3" of water my kayak keeps dragging through. not worried about rough conditions or anything and the water is extremely shallow. anyone have a superfishal or versa board? how shallow can those things get? i don't take a lot with me so decoy storage isn't an issue and i'll be using a light cooler for a seat. any thoughts or experience would be appreciated! also if you have one for sale i have a really nice shot gun i might trade for one!
canonman

Re: Anybody duck hunt from a paddleboard?

Post by canonman »

I used mine this year. A L2Utility. Carried 8 dozen decoys and used a layout blind on the board to hunt open water. I am going to upgrade the L2Fish for next year!
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

canonman wrote:I used mine this year. A L2Utility. Carried 8 dozen decoys and used a layout blind on the board to hunt open water. I am going to upgrade the L2Fish for next year!
Awesome how skinny could you run?
bkaspar3

Post by bkaspar3 »

I have a versaboard and even though I exceed the weight capacity, I can cruise around in probably about 4 inches of water no problem and cruise over weed mats as long as I dont stop paddling.