shotgun chokes

islander

shotgun chokes

Post by islander »

Has anybody here used the Patternmaster chokes?
I am wondering if they are worth all that money. Last year duck hunting missed a few ducks and injured some that i had to shoot again after they submerged in the water and came out in a different spot. I was using the Remington chokes that came with my shotgun. I was using a modified choke over decoys.
Thanks in advance.
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Re: shotgun chokes

Post by pdt818 »

Love mine. I have the long range for my super black eagle. Nice for weary public land birds that tend to land on the outside edge of decoys. Able to follow up on longer birds too with a tighter shot at that distance.
Spoonbill

Post by Spoonbill »

I haven't but a friend of mine who I trust on all things hunting swears by Patternmaster.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

I would be surprised if that was the problem. If you aren't on the bird the best choke in the world ain't gonna help you. :P

Putting some shot on paper is the only real good answer here. Throwing money at premium chokes probably won't hurt, but it may be uneccessary.
Moondog94

Post by Moondog94 »

I'm a little late to the party on this post, but I thought I would give you my input if you haven't already bought one yet. This season I picked up a Patternmaster Code Black duck, which like all PM's use the stud ring to catch the wad for a split second allowing your steel shot to leave the wad at once, which results in a much denser pattern. I personally thought it was all BS until I had my first hunt with it, and I must say it makes my gun feel like a laser beam if I'm on target, with almost no crippled ducks.

Give it a shot :lol:
-Moondog