Corpus Christi Duck Hunting Question

skywalker

Corpus Christi Duck Hunting Question

Post by skywalker »

Hey guys I've posted before in the BTB section of this forum and just got into kayaking this year. I've begun to look at other opportunities I might have with my kayak since I'm in such a great area. The main thing I'm looking forward to getting into more is some Gulf Coast duck hunting. I've hunted all kinds of birds before but usually on private land.

My question is: is it legal to hunt in the bays between Corpus and Mustang Island if you have a public hunting permit from the TPWD? I'm talking about areas like Shamrock Cove, Fish Pass area, etc. I'm not asking where good spots are I just want to know if it's legal to hunt waterfowl in those areas and the places around them or not. I know people who hunt out there but just want to play by the rules and be legal. Any information yall could give me would be great!

Thanks!
FishDFly

Re: Corpus Christi Duck Hunting Question

Post by FishDFly »

Call the local Game Warden from where you ask about hunting, that is best source and get his name.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

I definitely plan on doing just that. Seems like the best option to get the most reliable information after researching quite a bit about it. Thanks for the response!
Drmsfish

Post by Drmsfish »

For the most part, the bays are all public with no need for public hunting permit. Beware, no light geese harvest zone does exist from about Aransas Pass down to Corpus. Lots and lots of walk in or kayak in spots, AM or PM.....PM me if you need help....I'm a local.