Fayette County Buck

Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club
Location: Houston, Tx Sharpstown . . . . OK Drifter - WS Ride 135 & WS T160i

Fayette County Buck

Post by Pablo »

Thought it was a 10 but other side just had 3 points . . . still it weighed 150 on the hoof and 80 lbs venison in my freezer.

Shot in Fayette County November 22 at 95 yards with 30-06 at first light-6:40 am.

Myself and wife were happy because then I was not going hunting the morning of Thanksgiving and got to smoke a big ole turkey for the family gathering.

Happy, Happy, Happy.
Attachments
5x3 buck.jpg
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Fayette County Buck

Post by Prof. Salt »

What a cool rack! Congrats on a good one.
Peddle Power
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Peddle Power »

Nice buck for Fayette County. What part of Fayette County were hunting? I have property in the West Point/Muldoon area with 2 nice 8 pointers coming in on a regular basis.
Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Pablo »

Cummins Creek Klimick Rd area about 6 miles SE of Fayetteville.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

That is a great buck! All good deer come with good stories!
artman23

Post by artman23 »

That's a cool looking buck. I would like to know the story of why he got that funky left rack.
Pablo
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Pablo »

Don't have a story on this buck but it reminds my of a 5 x 1 that my cousin shot some years ago at our family land on the river at Shaws Bend.

Back to this buck, it was the first time I saw this 5 x 3. I thought he was one of the good 10 pointers we saw last year on the game cameras, but no luck on that. This one came from the creek bottom, followed the edge of a hay meadow heading for another deer trail at the high bank of the creek. He almost made it to that trail in the thicket, 8)

Going after a weird 3 horned spike this weekend to put the final fill on our freezer. That one will be a good photo for sure! Shot a weird spike last year that had one horn up and one horn going down growing back into the head almost. Should have taken a pic but didn't. Nice 2.5 to 3.5 year old deer that had good weight.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Pablo wrote:Don't have a story on this buck but it reminds my of a 5 x 1 that my cousin shot some years ago at our family land on the river at Shaws Bend.

Back to this buck, it was the first time I saw this 5 x 3. I thought he was one of the good 10 pointers we saw last year on the game cameras, but no luck on that. This one came from the creek bottom, followed the edge of a hay meadow heading for another deer trail at the high bank of the creek. He almost made it to that trail in the thicket, 8)

Going after a weird 3 horned spike this weekend to put the final fill on our freezer. That one will be a good photo for sure! Shot a weird spike last year that had one horn up and one horn going down growing back into the head almost. Should have taken a pic but didn't. Nice 2.5 to 3.5 year old deer that had good weight.
I found and have a skull of a buck that had a point of the antler grow from out of the rear part of the base and curve back and down and from what I can tell, into the neck of the unfortunate deer.
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

I use to bass fish Fayette when I was younger. I remember one time when I was fishing a cove and a buck runs out of the woods and jumps into the water up to his shoulders, I'm thinking, what the heck, buck was about 40 yards from me just starring at me then I notice arrow was stuck in shoulder. After about 10 minutes of observing him, he calmly turned around and walked back in the woods. Not sure if he lived, but sure was interesting to see a nice buck plunge into the water while fishing.