Success this morning!

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Success this morning!

Post by Prof. Salt »

Took my 16 yr old hunting this morning and he got a young buck. I'd probably have let him shoot anything that showed up, but I'm glad it was a little buck. I'm trying to let those with potential get another year under their belts. Matthew wanted to drag the deer to the roadway by himself, and I was glad to see the initiative. He helped skin and quarter too, so I was a happy pappy. :D He's growing up and it's so nice to see him step up and do things on his own ...maybe now he'll clean his room? Yeah, I'll take what I can get...

Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Re: Success this morning!

Post by Mythman »

Nothing like hunting with your kids............congrats to Matthew and you, Glenn! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Best thing about hunting a 50 acre property is that the roadway is never too far off. :D

Congrats Matthew...and you too pappy. :clap:
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Haha, true that Bigrock. He couldn't get over some dead falls near the creek so I did that part and handed it back over to him. He was right there for skinning too, until his allergies kicked in. Must have been something we walked through, because his eyes swelled up and he was sneezing up a storm for a while. He gave me permission to take over while he went in search of a box of tissues.

Tomorrow we learn about how to cut up quarters into steak and jerky. I'll probably show him how to make a batch so he can share with friends at school.
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

"a country boy can survive" Now that's proper schooling right there! Professor your pride is showing just a bit...and rightly so. Congratulations to that young man and another fine sportsman in training :wink:
artman23

Post by artman23 »

Good job Matt! Way to go dad!
Poolio

Post by Poolio »

Cool trip!