West end Galveston Duck Hunt - Skunked

BeachAggie

West end Galveston Duck Hunt - Skunked

Post by BeachAggie »

got out early had everything set up by shooting time and saw a total of maybe 10 birds in eyesight. Had one group fly over but couldn't have been less interested in our decoys. Any advice on where they're flying within an hour of Galveston right now? Was hunting the area between Sea Isle and Jamaica.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: West end Galveston Duck Hunt - Skunked

Post by Milkjug »

No ducks around Galveston. Middle and lower coast is where it's at.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Milkjug has it backwards, they are all up in Galveston and East towards Louisiana... :D
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

they used to have some ducks right outside of the bass pro shop in katy...... 8)

i've been waiting to say that for years, when i first started duck hunting the coast i had asked a similar question on another forum and got that answer.....it pissed me off to no end but it motivated me to keep at it and then when i shot my first limits of teal and pintails i sent him a message and told him to suck it.....
texasag07

Post by texasag07 »

Milkjug wrote:No ducks around Galveston. Middle and lower coast is where it's at.
This is the truth port aransas is the place to be, or rice fields in Katy.
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

there are no more ducks in katy anymore unfortunately :( most of the rice fields are now neighborhoods and you have to go west to eagle lake before you can get on a consistent concentration of birds. but be prepared to get on a hunting lease and pay about $1500 a season. that's why i quit hunting in katy
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Milkjug wrote:No ducks around Galveston. Middle and lower coast is where it's at.
Maybe where you have been hunting, but I have seen totally different. I've been in galveston lately and scratched out a limit twice.
AHP

Post by AHP »

CruisinPungo wrote:there are no more ducks in katy anymore unfortunately :( most of the rice fields are now neighborhoods and you have to go west to eagle lake before you can get on a consistent concentration of birds. but be prepared to get on a hunting lease and pay about $1500 a season. that's why i quit hunting in katy
There are ducks in Katy, its just who you know. But you are right in about 2-4 years all the land north of I-10 from Fry to 99 will be restaurants and homes.