Duck hunting question in the Houston Area.

crawleyman

Duck hunting question in the Houston Area.

Post by crawleyman »

Sup Guys, I Live in Friendswood, moved from Tyler about 7 years ago. Well, this year bought me a Yak and got back into fishing. Now I want to get back into Duck Hunting. I haven't hunted in years, basically since I left Tyler. Need some help on where I can go or where's se good places to go and hunt out of the Yak. If you don't want to post it on here you can PM me. Anywhere close to me would be great but I'm up for anywhere to hunt. Never hunted geese but sounds fun. Anything would help guys. Anyone want to join me or take me I'm up for it! Thanks for the help!
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Duck hunting question in the Houston Area.

Post by SAHunter1983 »

If your going after geese or anything else get out and start scouting the refuges sw of Houston. For geese get a mix of snows and speck silo socks (it will save you space) and a handful of full bodies or shells. Set up on your pre scouted X and wait. Call loud from a distance and then chatter until they are looking at you from a ways out, then go silent and hold still. It will be better if you get in with a group as big spreads often draw them in better from a distance.
crawleyman

Post by crawleyman »

Hey thanks for the info I really appreciate it!
CALopez_1986

Post by CALopez_1986 »

I've heard a lot of good things about the rice fields by katy