No Reports-Teal?

Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

No Reports-Teal?

Post by Hirsch »

I am surprised no one has posted up about their teal hunts this morning.
Stoic_J

Re: No Reports-Teal?

Post by Stoic_J »

Got 5 in the marsh. Should have had 6 early on, but shot like crap. Jerky follow-through, only time I could hit them was when they climbed. Need to stretch or something :)

Beautiful duck weather for September! Mosquitoes were happy, too :/
Hubbs

Post by Hubbs »

I bagged only 2 but had plenty of opportunity to limit out. I was hunting the coastal marsh in the Galveston bay complex. Didn't launch until 7am due to heavy rain and lightning. Saw many large groups, 20+ birds each, working the ponds. Only heard 2 other groups hunting the same area of the bay. I plan on being back out there every day this week.
Stoic_J

Post by Stoic_J »

Hubbs, you launching kayak or a powerboat?
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410714712.345259.jpg
2 man limit this mornin in 1 hour
Hubbs

Post by Hubbs »

Stoic_J wrote:Hubbs, you launching kayak or a powerboat?
I was hunting for the first time from my kayak.
Stoic_J

Post by Stoic_J »

That's awesome, man. Congratulations.

I might do my first yak hunt Wed. Probably either a quiet spot on the Colorado, or someplace off Bastrop Bayou.
mschilling

Post by mschilling »

We hunted Katy Prairie and did OK. My son shot 5 and I shot 4, only because of my bad shooting. I was using his 20ga due to a torn rotator cuff and shooting off shoulder (excuses excuses). Great morning as far as weather goes.
Attachments
P9140755.JPG
P9140754.JPG
P9140745.JPG
Waterdawg19

Post by Waterdawg19 »

Hunted opening morning in the marsh of Galveston Bay. Had one teal from shooting time till 8:30. At 8:30 the switch flipped and birds were everywhere. Had two man limit in the next 40 minutes. Great hunt.
yakinthebox

Post by yakinthebox »

I didn't get to teal hunt and never have been during the teal only season. I have never really known where to go?
During big duck season, I'm at it every weekend.
Would someone mind private messaging me and giving me some info on this marsh around galveston that is legal to hunt and isn't private?
I promise not to spread the word on any spots over the public threads.
Nsea

Post by Nsea »

Let's keep this thread alive...

Has anyone seen much duck activity along the coast, rivers, lakes, retention ponds, etc?

I saw two 50+ groups of what I assume to be teal riding the front from this past Monday out near Waller. No big ducks yet.
clebba

Post by clebba »

Trying to help keep the thread alive.
Anyone seeing anything good (as far as duck go)?
Who's hunting this weekend?
yakinthebox

Post by yakinthebox »

Saw a couple of what appeared to be either Gadwall or Mottled duck on a pond next to a rice field in Mont Belviue yesterday.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

Let's keep this thread alive...

Has anyone seen much duck activity along the coast, rivers, lakes, retention ponds, etc?
Trying to help keep the thread alive.
Anyone seeing anything good (as far as duck go)?
Fine reason to let the thread die. All those "keeping it alive" seem to be for internet scounting purposes. :)
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Saw bout 50,000 coot riding the front into Rockport. No ducks in sight from there to Baffin ;D What Milkjug said...
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

SAHunter1983 wrote:Saw bout 50,000 coot riding the front into Rockport. No ducks in sight from there to Baffin ;D What Milkjug said...
i've only ever seen about a million redheads and bluebills and maybe 100 pintails in rockport.....i'll take my teal and gadwalls :D
clebba

Post by clebba »

Oh crap! I thought I spelled ducks correctly...sorry if I put an "F" where I should have put a "d". Wait, nope, I spelled it right.
I will be hunting at 38d 48' 06.62"N, 95d 35' 43.32"W (or at least within 100 yds of those coords.) on Nov. 1 and again on Nov. 5. I'll try to post pics and report on the birds that I saw.

"internet scouting purposes"....psssshhhh...get over yourselves.

If you intended that in jest and humor, I'm sorry for the rant. That term needs to be placed on the list with "fear-mongering", "race-baiting", "Ebola outbreak" (amongst other catch phrases). But that is what these forums are here for...to share and promote the sport. Is it not?

And yes, I internet scout. Yes I do. I only get a few days a year to get out to the coast to fish or hunt. I would just like to make the best of it. I also do my physical scouting when I can and am just looking to supplement it with updated info.
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

And yes, I internet scout. Yes I do.
Good, you are past the denial stage. Remember the steps brah. We are here for you.
pdt818
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club
Location: "All the muchachas call me big pappa when i throw pesos their way"

Post by pdt818 »

Seen a few birds here and there. Buddy saw a good mix this morning that must have come down on the weak front yesterday. Should get a small push of birds on the front coming through later today, but be careful if you are going to target the deep marsh. Those north winds (although predicted to be not as strong as on an arctic front) can remove all the water from your destination. You could show up and not even get in. Or worse yet, you could be hunting and then find that all water has left, leaving you stranded. Just something to keep in the back of your mind when planning.