Bowhunting: Need help on choosing a rest

moondog

Bowhunting: Need help on choosing a rest

Post by moondog »

Hows it going guys,
Looking like this year will be my first bow season surprisingly, but I ended up buying a starter bow being a Bowtech Fuel which came with some pos plastic parts, such as rest and sight. I replaced the sight with a trophy ridge react and now looking to upgrade my rest.
Everyone has been telling me to buy a QAD Ultra rest, but I wanted to get some more feed back.

Not sure how many bow hunters are on here, but any advice helps.
Thanks
-Moondog
WRsteveX

Re: Bowhunting: Need help on choosing a rest

Post by WRsteveX »

QAD[THUMBS UP SIGN]
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

Any drop away rest will do. I personally have a Ripcord, my hunting partner has a QAD. They both work.
SAHunter1983
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by SAHunter1983 »

Qad
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

Since your a first year bowhunter I would stick with the whisker biscuit. It will hold your arrow for you at steep angles.
I use a trophy ridge drop rest on my bow now. However it was a whisker until I got tje hang of bowhunting.
Have now since 07 been a bow hunter. Another site you may want to get info from is TBH texasbowhunter.com It is a real pleasant place without alot of know it all retards.
Im also a member on there as well. I have a do it yourself thread on there that was published in a bowhunting magazine.

Tip: If your cable slide splits in half replace it with one from a hoyt.
My name come from my first bow. It was a bowtech tomkat. Cable slide split and replaced it with a hoyt cable slide. Worked ever since. Now I shoot a Mathews DXT.
Ble25

Post by Ble25 »

I started bowhunting last year and i picked up the QAD rest that runs about 50 bucks i think its called the QAD hunter. Either way for the price you cant beat it.

It drops fast and you you can let down on your bow without having your rest drop. which is nice when you you need to let down from a shot and dont want your arrow bouncing around.
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

Tomkat07 wrote:Since your a first year bowhunter I would stick with the whisker biscuit. It will hold your arrow for you at steep angles.
I use a trophy ridge drop rest on my bow now. However it was a whisker until I got tje hang of bowhunting.
Have now since 07 been a bow hunter. Another site you may want to get info from is TBH texasbowhunter.com It is a real pleasant place without alot of know it all retards.
Im also a member on there as well. I have a do it yourself thread on there that was published in a bowhunting magazine.

Tip: If your cable slide splits in half replace it with one from a hoyt.
My name come from my first bow. It was a bowtech tomkat. Cable slide split and replaced it with a hoyt cable slide. Worked ever since. Now I shoot a Mathews DXT.

Good advice. Without alot of TBH know it all retards? Hmmm.......just a few. :lol:
WRsteveX

Post by WRsteveX »

The qad will hold the arrow at any angle as well. And doesnt drop if you let the bow down slowly as opposed to releasing. I had a rip chord before. Now my wife and I both have "hoyt" qad rests
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

A whisker biscuit isn't anything fancy, but if you use arrows with a slick finish, it's silent and foolproof. I've shot WBs since they came on the market, and though sometimes tempted to go with a drop-away, I stick with what hasn't failed me yet. My FIL had some problems with vanes getting warped when they pass repeatedly through the rest, but I shoot Blazers and they don't warp. :D