Time to buy ammo fellas!

Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Time to buy ammo fellas!

Post by Alsatian »

Picked up 2 boxes of 300 win mag and another 100 round of 40 s&w today.
dwilliams35
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by dwilliams35 »

Alsatian wrote:Picked up 2 boxes of 300 win mag and another 100 round of 40 s&w today.
You're going to need more.
StuckInTheMud

Post by StuckInTheMud »

I don't mean to start arguments, so I hope this doesn't lead to one. internet arguments are nothing more than amusement anyway :)

I don't quite understand how (if this is the last lead smelting company left in the US) this is going to affect ammunition prices. I don't really believe that this one company has been producing ALL of the lead for our ammo, whether it be lead pellets for shotguns or slugs for pistol rounds. I guess its possible, but I just find it hard to believe that one little company can sling that much lead, (pun intended!!) It completely sucks that this place closed down, because these folks lost their jobs thanks to Big Brother.

Can't say that I really know all that much about ammo. I know that someone makes it, I buy it, and thats about the extent of my knowledge. For the guys that reload their own, where do you buy the lead slugs from? What about the guys reloading shotgun shells, do all the bags of lead shot come from this one place?
mikewood

Post by mikewood »

You know what they say...
On the second day of the revolution everyone will have plenty of ammo and a machine gun to shoot it thru.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Panic buying makes for some wealthy ammunition manufacturers. I have had the same 9mm ammo for years, watched all the panic buying for AR guns and ammo spurred on by rumors, media, gun shows, and the internet. Look at who or what benefits from all this.
If I wanted to get rich, I would buy a whole bunch of ammo and start a rumor about our government wanting to take away our guns and bullets.
Now if you want to state facts, that is a whole different ball game.
mikewood

Post by mikewood »

dumas wrote:I don't know the facts. But am curious to know why the post office and social security administration is buying hollow point ammo? And why can't I find .22LR in the stores?
As to the former. It's to carry in their duty weapons. The average post office deals with an lot of money.

As for the latter. One people are buying it to resell at a premium and others are buying it and putting it away. Still others buy it and shoot it.
tenball

Post by tenball »

Sometimes I wonder which side my fellow americans are on.Seems like their is always some carefully contrived conspiracy to beat up OUR government and the hard working folk that try to protect us .The NSA ,FBI,local police,TSA,Secret service,Military ,prisons,laws and good folks who support them are the only thing that differiantes us from the rest of the crappy world.My bet is all the drug lords and gang bangers in our major cities bought up your ammo.I dont think they shoot 22s either.Tell them to quit buying up our ammo.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

That's it. I'm melting down all of Dumas' 12th and 13th place track and field medals from his younger years and making more bullets!!!!!
tenball

Post by tenball »

Our fore fathers didnt have wally world .They rolled their own musket balls.You can can use gravel from the stream beds for god sakes man!
Stoic_J

Post by Stoic_J »

"The NSA ,FBI,local police,TSA,Secret service,Military ,prisons,laws and good folks who support them are the only thing that differiantes us from the rest of the crappy world."

Wholeheartedly disagree, but I'm not going to try to convince anyone. Just wanted to get my opine out there, too.
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Alsatian »

dumas wrote:Took this pic in my front yard 30 minutes ago. Note to self. Buy shotgun shells.
Note for dumas. Invite Al over for archery lessons on blackbuck. :wink:
tenball

Post by tenball »

It is against the law to shoot at aircraft!
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Drones aren't aircraft! :roll: They're high dollar toys :wink: . If they didn't want us to shoot them, then why would they fly them within range? :mrgreen:
tenball

Post by tenball »

BOO!
The Eradicator
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by The Eradicator »

Ain't bothering these guys. Not that you can get their bullets right now anyway. I recommend that you don't buy ammo or components. It's ridiculous. Stop buying everything up.

http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2013 ... a-bullets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

50 rounds of 22lr = 30min to an hour at the range with just 2 of my kids. They shoot them faster than I can reload. Better than a trip to the movies.
tenball

Post by tenball »

Grove rats bought your ammo dude! They redistribute it for free
on a mission
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by on a mission »

Tombo wrote:Panic buying makes for some wealthy ammunition manufacturers. I have had the same 9mm ammo for years, watched all the panic buying for AR guns and ammo spurred on by rumors, media, gun shows, and the internet. Look at who or what benefits from all this.
If I wanted to get rich, I would buy a whole bunch of ammo and start a rumor about our government wanting to take away our guns and bullets.
Now if you want to state facts, that is a whole different ball game.
X2 :clap:
theeyeguy

Post by theeyeguy »

So, as an ammo seller (legitly through wholesalers), let me shed some light on this.

In regards to the lead smelter, that lead never went to ammo manufacturers. The lead they produced cost too much to go towards projectiles. Most of the lead for projectiles was recaptured lead from tire weights and other uses.

Secondly, most of these ammo "purchases" are really "purchase orders" meaning these entities are notifying the plants they may or may not actually but the ammo. In many cases, the amount purchased is a fraction of what was on the "order." That doesn't stop the media from jumping on it and creating a frenzy among the gun owning populace. These "scares" simply make ammo more scarce and open up the secondary market to inflated prices.

This all sucks, especially when the manufacturers are pushing prices up now. My last order of 22 ammo from my wholesaler was north of $40 a brick for freaking armscor.
theeyeguy

Post by theeyeguy »

So, as an ammo seller (legitly through wholesalers), let me shed some light on this.

In regards to the lead smelter, that lead never went to ammo manufacturers. The lead they produced cost too much to go towards projectiles. Most of the lead for projectiles was recaptured lead from tire weights and other uses.

Secondly, most of these ammo "purchases" are really "purchase orders" meaning these entities are notifying the plants they may or may not actually but the ammo. In many cases, the amount purchased is a fraction of what was on the "order." That doesn't stop the media from jumping on it and creating a frenzy among the gun owning populace. These "scares" simply make ammo more scarce and open up the secondary market to inflated prices.

This all sucks, especially when the manufacturers are pushing prices up now. My last order of 22 ammo from my wholesaler was north of $40 a brick for freaking armscor.
The Eradicator
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by The Eradicator »

If armscor makes enough money maybe they can afford to make better ammo.
Tomkat07

Post by Tomkat07 »

wow it should be $9.99 a brick like it was before the ruck up
theeyeguy

Post by theeyeguy »

I really hate even selling it. I had a customer that really wanted it so I ordered it for him, didn't do much of a markup but man... I felt really bad charging $50+ a brick. He wanted an entire case.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Remember y2k the computer folks sold a ton of puter and made a killing ,then the market stabilized and a bunch went broke because the market was flooded and everyone had what they needed.
The time is coming when the ammo sales are going to fall through the floor.
Ron
Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound »

tenball wrote:Sometimes I wonder which side my fellow americans are on.Seems like their is always some carefully contrived conspiracy to beat up OUR government and the hard working folk that try to protect us .The NSA ,FBI,local police,TSA,Secret service,Military ,prisons,laws and good folks who support them are the only thing that differiantes us from the rest of the crappy world.My bet is all the drug lords and gang bangers in our major cities bought up your ammo.I dont think they shoot 22s either.Tell them to quit buying up our ammo.
You must idolize Obama. He is, however, worse than the drug lords ever dreamed of being. Not a conspiracy. Just an evil disgusting piece of human excrement who laughs at you for falling for his lies. Sorry to be blunt but that guy is lower than the average pedophile and I hate to see my God-hating country racing toward oblivion. It breaks my heart.