WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON OPENING DAY OF DOVE SEASON?

Gilligan

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON OPENING DAY OF DOVE SEASON?

Post by Gilligan »

Just so I can't sit in my lawnchair at my stock tank and get a limit. No, now I gotta tromp around in the mud! Water, water, everywhere, they dont need my tank anymore. BUMMER! :cry:
Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mellon »

and now I have to make this up to the big yellow dog who I promised to take out today...
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Mellon wrote:and now I have to make this up to the big yellow dog who I promised to take out today...

..wish I still had my big chocolate one...
sure do miss her.... :cry:
Kokoa- the birds a flyin'.....
Castanate

Post by Castanate »

i guess it just evens things out since those of us in the south zone have to wait while ya'll up north can hunt. plus everyone could use a little exercise every once in a while.

IT WASN't MY FAULT----

Post by Guest »

No one can blame this on me... I figured out Thursday I was going to have to miss the opener (First time in quite a few years),,,

So my normal process of making it rain by choosing to go fishing or hunting- cannot be blamed on me..

But all this rain is going to make it tough at Choke Canyon for the south zone opener also!

Fryemup --- AKA . BAD WEATHER JOE...
throwinbowz

Post by throwinbowz »

Felt like I was duck hunting...i don't mind the rain for them. Managed to get a limit though....so i went ahead and grilled them up in the rain :lol:

Copperfield?

Post by Guest »

So where were you hunting? Backyard? 529?

Fryemup
TomL

Post by TomL »

What a weekend I had...

I managed to get evacuated off of Galveston Island while kayak fishing with my father on Saturday, and then rained out of Monday afternoon's dove hunt because of lightning!

I couldn't win for losing!!! :evil:
Wildwilly

The rain stopped in the Central Zone

Post by Wildwilly »

I hunted Type II in the central zone. It was great! Brought home 10 birds and lost 3. Should have had my lab, but I hesitate to take her to a place that I've not been before.
throwinbowz

Post by throwinbowz »

out 529 and Katy Hockley. There were trucks on the side of the road the whole way down 529.