How does one become a hunter?

Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

How does one become a hunter?

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

I have always wanted to but it just always seemed like a family thing. My father wasn't the outdoors type. I only fished because I had asian girlfriends whose parents took me. (yea, I know) It has been easy to become a fisherman as much of it is done alone or you run into people while you are out and make new buds. I would like to hunt but I don't even know if I am good at it. I have gone pheasant hunting in Kansas with in-laws and let me tell you, that isn't the easiet start. Having to identify the animal as male or female in the less than a second you have from the time you flush it up out of a field after who knows how much walking wasn't easy. I don't know about joining an enthusiast club like fishing and just meeting random people with guns out in the woods. So how do I get in?
Alsatian
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: How does one become a hunter?

Post by Alsatian »

I'd start by getting a year round lease in South Texas. Then invite me to hang out with you and show you some of the particulars of hunting. :D It all depends on what you want to hunt for. For starters you can get a couple of friends together to hunt dove on a day lease. Around $85 plus ammo. Want to hunt bigger game, then it will cost more. You can get hog hunts around San Antonio for about $100. White tail will cost you more. Some thing you need to keep in mind is that you may need to take a hunters education class depending on your age, but if you never hunted before I would take it anyway, it's only $10 - 15. You can hunt just about any game in the world right here in Texas, all it costs is money. Good luck, it's another addiction.