The Son-in-Law Buck

Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

The Son-in-Law Buck

Post by Bigrock »

I took my SIL out this morning and he got his first deer. What he don't know won't hurt him. :lol: jk

hammerdawg

Re: The Son-in-Law Buck

Post by hammerdawg »

I think that pic speaks for itself. I really want to laugh but part of me feels good and bad for the guy. At least he got his first one, though if not mounting, might as well take a doe anyway
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

You can feel good for him! :D That was the third session we spent in the stand, looking at tiny deer, an old doe that wouldn't present a shot, a large spike that walked down the road and then inexplicably turned around and walked back up the road before he came into our shooting zone. He had a blast watching the deer, the ducks and our goats. He made a great shot on that doe. We had watched her and another doe at the feeder for close to twenty minutes and had picked which doe we wanted to take (the feeder is behind bullwire, so no shots until they leave the enclosure... a safe zone of sorts...they can come and go without ever presenting for a shot). They both left the pen at the same time at the back and briefly came clear before entering the thicket. They never paused and I whistled the trailing doe to a stop and Devin did his job. He was stoked! and he laughed a good deep belly laugh when he saw what I posted about his deer. :D :D :D
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Don't spoil him, Bigrock. Next year he'll want one of those male bucks that has sticks on his head. Let him shoot the female bucks for a while. :lol: